"Abrupt off/on Throttle Reaction" Rider magazine

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Save your pennies for the PCIII you won't be disappointed! Your right I wish they had the "R" version, as they do on some sport bikes, which is for the ability to adjust timing. That would be great to squeeze out a little more HP and TQ to get the full potential of the 1300 in stock form with the correct fuel of course...
Actually the wife may be getting a new job (this is bad area to get something decent for her) and the farkle ability will rise dramitically after that :yahoo:

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but without spark timing it really is a half butt solution, very good, better than tweaks like the Barbarian mod but still half butt.

Rod

Did you do the Barbarian mod before you installed the PCIII ?? :blink:
No I hadn't and never planned to. I'm with Warchild on this as far as blindly adjusting the CO settings. I just didn't feel comfortable doing it without the benifit of seeing "exactly" what was going on with the A/F ratio and doing the BJM you have that fuel delivery across the board in areas it may not need it...What Warchild stated was the exact reason I bought the PCIII. Plus now I have the ability to adjust appropriately if I decide to change air/exhaust set ups...

Eliminate the need? - I woulds say categorically no. If one has a need (i.e.: desire) to tune the fueling characteristic of the engine to achieve a specific goal (maximum power, maximum throttle response, maximum "smoothness", etc), or to realize the maximize benefits obtainable from installing a completely new (and quite expensive) full exhaust system, this is the purview of the PC-III. Horking around the CO settings in a blind manner the BJM procedure does is not any way to go about re-tuning the fueling characteristics of the engine to achieve specific goals, of that there is no doubt.
Thanks for the reply, I did the BJM to my 06 when it was new and let the tension go on the center TB spring at the same time. The throttle is still touchy but smooth. In the 2000 miles I put on it this summer I am happy with the way it runs and rides. I was wondering if you had done the BJM and decided to add a PC-III because you were not satisfied with the way it was running. :rolleyes: