Absolutely nothing wrong with my 2005 FJR1300ATC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
My 2005 FJR has 36,000 miles on it. Nothing has broken. Nothing is wrong with it. Nothing makes weird noises, surges, or gives me pains.

I guess I just friggin love this bike. Best damn bike I ever owned.

My 2005 FJR has 36,000 miles on it. Nothing has broken. Nothing is wrong with it. Nothing makes weird noises, surges, or gives me pains.
I agree as I've owned two FJR's...an '06 and '07...no problems, none...starts, runs, performs w/o issue and 35** S/N...I've played with idle CO settings for the fun of it, but it runs perfectly regardless...next bike will be an '08 FJR or BMW...some say "Life's a bitch and then you marry or buy one"...no complaints on either so far.

Gary in Fairbanks

Edit: but, no hills to climb either over ~ 1500'...SRI for those folks that have surging and hope a fix is closer than '08 models.

Last edited by a moderator:

Then STFU and quit not complaining !! What a non whiner !! :p

Then STFU and quit not complaining !! What a non whiner !! :p
Reminds me of an oldtimer I met once in Malta, MT while there selling an airplane...he said the bench viewing the railroad tracks we were sitting on was a POS and uncomfortable...when asked why he didn't move, he replied "cause I've been here for 40 yrs and I like the view"...maybe the bench has since been improved, but that Cowboy would likely never change his opinion.

Point: Some things are worth accepting for the better good they enable.

Gary in Fairbanks

My 2006 has 31,000 on it and I've not had any troubles either. Not enough to even think about eliminating her from the stable, but it has left me stranded.. and my Harley has NEVER left me stranded and it has 100k plus on Miss Feejer. :unsure: BTW, O'vale, only 36k on an 05? You need to get out and ride more! :rolleyes:

I hate it when that happens......you are just blessed my son and you forgot your a good rider too, even while taking pictures. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Screw this thread, Where's ELP JC when you need him. :rolleyes:

I'm going to go read about faulty side bag latches, EFI Problems, etc... :angry:

JW

Hey! We don't need your sort around here mister.
Move along.
Okay, but I'll see you at WFO and if your nose wasn't so sharp, I might punch you!

Jack-In-The-Box-CEO.gif

You mean I'm the only one with such favorable experiences with the FJR? I can't believe it.

Let's talk about all the good things it does.

1) Starts

2) Shifts

3) Has power

4) Smooth

5) Fast

6) Tracks through turns very well

7) Handles emergency maneuvers very well

8) Looks cool

9) Is comfortable on the long haul

10) Kicks ass in timed distance events

11) Brings good people together

12) Great ride for the pillion so couples spend more time together

13) Fast

14) Big gas tank

15) Is one of the best bikes in the world

16) Cheaper than lesser performing bikes

Isn't this fun!!!

Once we're done jerking each other off here let's find something wrong with it and get some quality whining in, eh?

No problems!? Are you kidding!? Lemme tell you about my FJR!

I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree. I noticed a high pitch squeal/screech for a fraction of a second when starting the bike.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip. The front end clunked and I stripped the oil pan while I was gently squeezing my anti-lock brakes like an orange to keep them from locking up.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline. It was wobbling at 48.5 mph and the buzzing was making my hands numb. I couldn't hear anything 'cuz of the static in my intercom.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy. My cover wore the paint off the tops of my mirrors.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....

hey orangevale

little off topic

would happen to have any kids 18-16'is that went to bv?

if so i probably went to school with them :p

hey orangevale
little off topic

would happen to have any kids 18-16'is that went to bv?

if so i probably went to school with them :p
If you are 17, and went to, or attend BV, you went to school with my kids. If you liked em, they take after me. If not, I'm gonna beat you up. Just kidding!!!

No problems!? Are you kidding!? Lemme tell you about my FJR!
I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree. I noticed a high pitch squeal/screech for a fraction of a second when starting the bike.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip. The front end clunked and I stripped the oil pan while I was gently squeezing my anti-lock brakes like an orange to keep them from locking up.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline. It was wobbling at 48.5 mph and the buzzing was making my hands numb. I couldn't hear anything 'cuz of the static in my intercom.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy. My cover wore the paint off the tops of my mirrors.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....
that's the funniest shit ever. :jerry: thank u scythian!