Accelerator Module by Solid Solutions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installation complete. I don't know if it will be worth all the effort:

1. Pull passenger seat

2. Pull rider seat

3. Disconnect probe at front end of rider seat area

4. Insert probe connectors in line

5. Route probe along frame (three yellow zip ties)

6. Re-install seats

Might have taken 10 minutes, with 6 of those figuring out how depress the connector release lever.

Ran it in the garage -- initial feel is exactly what I hoped. Ride test tomorrow...

It will be very interesting to see how this works out. If the throttle is tamed, what is the cost in power, overall driveability, and fuel economy. If you are comparing fuel consumption, be sure to do calculation at fillup rather than the Gen II instrument function. The mileage meter will not be accurate with any type of device that alters fuelling outside the ECU.

It will be very interesting to see how this works out. If the throttle is tamed, what is the cost in power, overall driveability, and fuel economy. If you are comparing fuel consumption, be sure to do calculation at fillup rather than the Gen II instrument function. The mileage meter will not be accurate with any type of device that alters fuelling outside the ECU.
Man, what a kill-joy you are this morning. This thing has been reviewed and we are told it works. People wouldn't buy it if it didn't work, right? I'm sure it will do everything the OP expects and all that other shit stuff doesn't matter.

Short review: as advertised, and a happy purchase.

Longer review: softer edges on throttle action, particularly on the small part throttle transitions where I needed it most. Don't know about overall efficiency -- heck, if it really does improve gas mileage 10% it will take too long to get over happy throttle to find out...

Short review: as advertised, and a happy purchase.Longer review: softer edges on throttle action, particularly on the small part throttle transitions where I needed it most. Don't know about overall efficiency -- heck, if it really does improve gas mileage 10% it will take too long to get over happy throttle to find out...
How is the throttle in the friction zone when starting off and below 2000 revs?

"How is the throttle in the friction zone when starting off and below 2000 revs? "

The off-idle transition was the main driver for giving the unit a try. Well, that and part throttle around corners. Previously, I had stalled the motor several times sitting at a light -- opening the throttle with less than a serious intent was always risky. Now, much improved at the off-idle (and at mid-corner part throttle). I imagine it's a placebo effect, but I'd swear it's idling smoother too.

If you were stalling the bike while sitting at lights, something is wrong. Something that an aftermarket 'bandaid' may partially hide, but not fix.

You should find the root cause if stuff like that before you start messing with it...

Got a longer ride in on Saturday. Still don't know about increased or decreased fuel mileage -- happy throttle hand still prevailing there. I'm convinced it works as advertised. Much smoother on small throttle applications. Corners where I was having to be extremely cautious with the grip are much less sensitive. I'm happy. Actual mileage will have to wait for a long trip, where I know a particular leg of travel averaged 48 mpg before.

Last update, I'll let this topic be after this. Retro -- you indicated in February that you had ordered one as well -- did it arrive?

468 mile day. Throttle response still as described before -- couldn't be happier with that. Checked mileage throughout the day: first tank -- mixed in-town and long road -- was 44.4 MPG (indicated 44.3). Second tank, pretty much just long road, 46 MPG (indicated 46). Both determined by trip meter mileage divided by gallons to fill. Third tank was indicating 47 until I hit Montgomery, then in two miles of mobile chicanes (cars) on the 85 south I shot the mileage straight to the toilet. And enjoyed doing so.

Mileage on previous trips via the same route have generally run about 1 MPG less. I would not begin to claim an increase in economy on a 1 MPG difference, but I will say the unit did not reduce mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have joined the Accelerator Module team and my Module shoud be arriving soon fresh off the plane from Belgium. I plan on taking some videos of before and after so you guys can see what I have been talking about.