Admore Lights - GenI Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
OK, gang, I have a question for you.

I have the Admore one-size-fits-none side-case light kit <clicky> that I'm going to install. After one failed install attempt due to a faulty wiring harness, Admore has replaced the defective harness with one that plugs directly into the FJR's wiring.

I think I'm one of the first to get this harness for the superior GenI FJR. Admore has had the GenII harness out for a while, though.

I did some searching and only found information for GenII installs, which sense since the GenI harness is just being released.

In my searching I saw that the connector for the lights on a GenII is under the left side cover in the vicinity of the air box.

I have no idea where this connector is on a GenI.

Can any of you gurus out there point a mechanical doofus, such as myself, to where the connector is?

I'll even take pictures.

Thanks.

OK, gang, I have a question for you.

I have the Admore one-size-fits-none side-case light kit <clicky> that I'm going to install. After one failed install attempt due to a faulty wiring harness, Admore has replaced the defective harness with one that plugs directly into the FJR's wiring.

I think I'm one of the first to get this harness for the supperior a useless GenI FJR. Admore has had the GenII harness out for a while, though.

I did some searching and only found information for GenII installs, which sense since the GenI harness is just being released.

In my searching I saw that the connector for the lights on a GenII is under the left side cover in the vicinity of the air box.

I have no idea where this connector is on a GenI.

Can any of you gurus out there point a mechanical doofus, such as myself, to where the connector is?

I'll even take pictures.

Thanks.
In the hopes of making this simple, please attempt the following:

Remove both seats and follow wiring harness from the taillight assembly back until you reach the connector. You will probably have to remove the side cover to trace back far enough.

This method is pretty foolproof but I have no doubts that a fool such as yourself will prove me wrong. :p

If that doesn't work, pour 87 Octane fuel over the Gen I, torch it and buy a superior Gen II with the insurance money.

By the way, I also fixed your original post. Glad I could be of service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang those Japanese and there small hands.. Looks like a tailendectomy is in order..

poorandy001.jpg

poorandy002.jpg

Yep! Way up under the tailsection on the left side.. It took five minutes with needle nose pliers to get the wee bit exposed ya see here.

I don't know how you'd disconnect the connector given the tiny work area.. :blink:

I don't know how you'd disconnect the connector given the tiny work area..
Soozie........... come here dear.........
Nah. The neighbor kid is a first grader - I'll have him do it. He's always asking about the bikes anyway...

Besides, chances are he's more mechanically inclined than I am.

I managed to release the tiewraps and got maybe enough out to make this job a bit easier Andy.. You will see a small tang were the wrap goes through the tingamajigy.. Just pry up with a toothpick or your penis and release the silly thing.

Then it's just a matter of working the tiny bit of excess towards the connector.

Have fun!

Andy, if you look in the tail section, at last year's tech day, we installed wire taps for your tail, signals and brake lights..... I can't recall the wire colors involved, but if you check each with a voltmeter while the circuits are activated you'll find out which is which fairly easily.

Andy, if you look in the tail section, at last year's tech day, we installed wire taps for your tail, signals and brake lights..... I can't recall the wire colors involved, but if you check each with a voltmeter while the circuits are activated you'll find out which is which fairly easily.
The harness he has plugs right into the factory connectors. No cutting or intelligence is needed.

Me? Voltmeter?!? Ray - wake up, buddy. You forgot who you're talking to. ;)

The temperature is nice today so I'm heading out to the garage to try this one more time.

Wish me luck.

I think I'm one of the first to get this harness for the superior GenI FJR. Admore has had the GenII harness out for a while, though.
Hate to burst your Gen-I bubble... but I'm the one that designed and prototyped that harness. It was first made for Gen-II. Then later we discovered that despite the wiring pattern being identical between Gen-I and Gen-II, the connectors are quite different.

So in reality, the Gen-I harness was an after-design of the Gen-II.

Feel free to call me a horse's ass for picking on you Gen-I guys. Don't forget I used to be one myself. But this time you are getting your info from the horse's ass's mouth.

:)