Admore Top Kit Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
Finally got around to writing up this install with pics, posting it for anyone else tackling this job.

Link to install and pix

The final result:

page3_blog_entry2_13.jpg

page3_blog_entry2_14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

About two years after I did this install, the right hand top case light started to flicker intermittently like I had a loose connection, then ultimately quit working last year. Poking around, it seems that the portion of the top box wiring harness that enters from the inside of the top box was the culprit. The original is merely wrapped in tape, and therefore vulnerable to bending. Two years of stacking stuff on top of it finally separated the wiring from the inside of the plug. In fairness, they say to mount it on the side of your top box, but Achui did this and also had the same problem.

Admore now sells an upgraded replacement harness with a right angle orientation, encased in a hard plastic shell where the wires come into the interior of the case. The replacement part is about $28 shipped, and takes all of ten minutes to replace. Thanks to Achiu for the tip.

Lights are good as new now, and unlikely to reoccur, given the improvements.

Here's the original part, and the upgraded replacement. I think the new kits come with the upgraded part, but if you have the option, you should spec the right angle plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did mine 2 years ago and no issues, clean install, and beats the hell out of a Yamaha top case with no lights! They are a very nice farkel and they stand behind their product, cant say enough about them.

Added the Admore kit to my Givi 52L case using the FJR wiring harness. Everything worked for about 2 years and the lights stopped working. Turns out the in-line controller is not waterproof and was damaged from moisture. Returned the harness to Admore and they repaired for $30. They said to make sure in in-line controller is not in water since it is not water proof. Lights work great but watch for water damage, the controller is the wide area in the wiring harness.

Check my original install link for a pix and a link to silicon plumbers tape. Wrap it around the inline controller and it should protect the controller from moisture. Easy to strip away if you need to disconnect.

I saved an old mountain bike inner tube a couple years ago and have found all kind of uses for pieces of it, including a sheath over the Admore controller zip tied on both ends!