Advice for the pillion?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The light feeling to the front end is something to watch for. I've had the front end come up much easier than normal due to the extra weight back there (My wife is a lot heavier than she should be).

She's overweight and not very flexible, so can't swing her leg over the trunk or between me and the trunk.
Hmm, in your avatar she doesn't look to be much heavier than a raccoon... :)
Funny guy. :p

The avatar is actually my son on his first ride on my Blackbird once his legs were long enough to reach the pegs. He's 19 now and towers over me on those rare occasions he's on the back of the FJR.

The light feeling to the front end is something to watch for. I've had the front end come up much easier than normal due to the extra weight back there (My wife is a lot heavier than she should be).

She's overweight and not very flexible, so can't swing her leg over the trunk or between me and the trunk.
Hmm, in your avatar she doesn't look to be much heavier than a raccoon... :)
Funny guy. :p

The avatar is actually my son on his first ride on my Blackbird once his legs were long enough to reach the pegs. He's 19 now and towers over me on those rare occasions he's on the back of the FJR.
Thanks, that explains everything. Now I feel silly for waiting three years to bring it up. :lol: