Advice please?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesRW

Reaction score
Found a brand new '08 for 11,700 OTD. Deal or no deal?

Just need advice from the more informed here.

Thanks in advance for anyone helping me out.

James

Have you called D&H yet for a price on an '09? 888-553-3311

That '08 price sounds pretty good....

Hmmm....I think I paid like $12,500 for my '05. Over $2K off MSRP...seems pretty good to me. Buy it, get YES for $400 and you're good to go.

Deal deal deal....

screamin deal, what else you need besides sunshine and and a tank full o' gas?

Alfredo

I'd definitely go for it. Here in LA, they're asking $11,700 for a new '08 A, *plus* tax/license, etc... That said, don't be afraid to negotiate even further... doesn't hurt to ask.

RwP

Thanks everyone, I put my money down. He's having it shipped in, has to come from the west coast so I'll have it in about 15 to 18 days. :eek: )

Buy now...enjoy later. That's the deal I took yesterday. NADA pre-owned average retail for an '08A is $11,835.

Essentially the same bike as the '09's with the first year's depreciation deducted, but no with wear and tear and a full warranty.

Gary in Fairbanks

Wait for the 2010 172 hp V-4, 585 pound FJR1400R in Ferrari Red with cruise, heated seats, integrated Bluetooth XM/GPS.

Wait for the 2010 172 hp V-4, 585 pound FJR1400R in Ferrari Red with cruise, heated seats, integrated Bluetooth XM/GPS.
Yep, I was going to see what was coming for 2010. This seemed like too good a deal to pass up. The dealer told me he's heard no Yamaha dealer meet this year too, economy thing hurting sales. I'll take the discounted '08, black wheels are nice, but not needed. ;)

James

That's considerably less than I paid for my 08. I think you got a hell of a deal. Hope you can stand the long wait. (Ha!)

GP