Aerostich Darien Pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gordon Parr, you're right in Yorktown! I'm a proud Norfolkian. Be sure to get in touch for a ride, sometime.

As far as te Aerostich... I am assuming that you mean the Roadcrafter? That's the suit that I'd really LIKE to have. Too tight in the calves for me, though.

As far as te Aerostich... I am assuming that you mean the Roadcrafter? That's the suit that I'd really LIKE to have. Too tight in the calves for me, though.
No, he's talking about the new Aerostich RoadMaster. They're designed by a guy that used to work at Buick, but was recently laid off as a part of the bail-out . They are kinda wide in the rear section and bloated looking, but they appeal to the geriatric riders.

(note: I don't think you'll need these quite yet, Heidi)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I bought a pair last year. Worn them about 4-5 times. They're stiff but not too bad. Armor in the hips and knees. Easy on/off and legendary Aerostich quality. If I had to crash and wasn't wearing full racing leather, I'd wanna be wearing these. I wish I had waited and bought the AD1s. They're an updated version of the original. They have a gusseted crotch and better bend in the knees. The material is beefier too.

I might like to sell them at a reasonable price and get a pair of the AD1s. I also want to get a pair of Motoport Police kevlar pants. Me personally, I would rather have a tighter fit than overpants provide. I feel like the armor would stay in place better in a crash. That's the reason I want a pair of the Motoport Police pants. You can read a review at www.webbikeworld.com

These two companies, Aerostich and Motoport/Cycleport, are my only choices for non leather apparel. Others here will most likely have a difference of opinion but, hey, it's what I like. You can find countless reviews and opinions with regards to crash protection, these two brands will come out on top everytime.

Let us know what you decide.