aerostich question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brady

Live the Adventure, Ride the World
Reaction score
I searched both here and on aerostiches website and couldn't find an answer to my question. That is do the Darien Jacket and AD1 pants zip together or attach in any way?

Thanks

I searched both here and on aerostiches website and couldn't find an answer to my question. That is do the Darien Jacket and AD1 pants zip together or attach in any way?
Thanks
No.
Confirmed from a person that owns both. No zippers on the Darien jacket. However, I've been through about 100,000 miles including remnants of one hurricane with them and stay dry at the interface.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own both and never tried. The jacket covers well so no need to zip them IMHO. I also use the suspenders and they are all that and a bag of chips with salsa. Best suspenders I have seen or wore. The AD 1 pants are a differant cut then the Darien pants so be aware of that. And if you are going with hip pads go the next waist size up on both the Darien and AD 1pants. I love mine for sure. Darien light pants for summer and AD 1 black for winter. Darien gray jacket for both seasons. Have a brand new Darien Black Jacket hanging in the closet in 46 Reg.

Problem if they don't zip is that if/when you come off, the jacket can slide up and expose your torso to gravel rash. I'd never go without them joined up (but then, I'm a coward).

So is the 2 piece RoadCrafter the only suit that zips together? Or does the Darien pants jacket join?

Problem if they don't zip is that if/when you come off, the jacket can slide up and expose your torso to gravel rash. I'd never go without them joined up (but then, I'm a coward).
That is the exact reason I'm asking. Currently my First gear suit zips and I really enjoy that feature

I would say call them. I do not know as I do not ride any gear zippered together, don't know why I just don't. I know the Darien light pants, the AD 1 pants, and both Darien jackets have a zipper and an additional piece on the zipper on the pants that I zipped off. It would make no sense if they did not zip together AD 1 to Darien Jacket?

Call and ask they are ok to talk to.

I can tell you I love the gear, best I have ever owned. Broke the Darien Jacket and Darien Light pants in on a 7500 mile trip never wanted for anything else even though I carried a Mesh Jacket with me, never put it on.

I bought Gray as every one I have seen with years and miles on no matter what color it was, turns gray. Figured I would just start out on their base color and call it a day.

I can call stitch and get an answer I just figured asking here was easier. Do the Darien zip together?

The Roadcrafter can be ordered as a one piece or two piece that zips together. The Darien is just a jacket but is cut long to cover pants and keep any water out.

I can call stitch and get an answer I just figured asking here was easier. Do the Darien zip together?
You would think it would be easier as your question was ALREADY answered in the two posts right after you asked the question the first time...by folks that own the products.

Good luck......

Sorry for the confusion.I was not asking the same question I was asking if the Darien jacket zipped together with the Darien pants like the roadcrafter 2pc does. Yep not dense just not great at asking the right questions.