AirForce1 Museum/Lunch ride Sat March 11th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzkenoman

Reaction score
Because this is such a nice ride, and there are so many guys from different directions all taking there favorite routes, I would like to invite everyone on this ride for lunch. I will need suggestions for lunch location near the museum but I'm thinking about a 1130-1230pm meeting time in Simi Valley.

Orange county guys will meet in San Juan Capistrano at ortega 74 & hwy 5, on the east side chevron station at 9:00am. Kickstands up at 9:15am. Although our starting time in OC may change if do the twisty on pch 1, I'm open for route favorites.

post a good place to have lunch...I'd love a good BBQ place

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, wife and I went there a few weeks ago. I might go for the ride, but will hang out outside the museum with the old folks on buses to talk about WWII.

So far, there is a chance, I will do it.

I'm IN.

This is of course if nothing pops up between now and then...

I guess the above statement is true for all potential riders but since we live in such a litigious society it just feels better to always add a disclaimer no matter what you do... By the way, reading posts like this in tiny size 8 font on a computer screen may be hazardous to your health. Then of course warning you that your health is endangered by reading this may cause anxiety so I further disclaim any potential adverse affects that may cause... :blink:

I'm back from the Bay Area! Heard its going to rain next week (first week of march), I hope it stays dry after the weekend because I am certainly looking forward to this ride. Also, got alot of familiar faces that will be tagging along.

Can't make that one, wife's birthday.
Next time!

Hey Armand, do you still have that terabyte server?
you can always treat her to Solvang up the road for a romantic evening, plus she won't be able to see your grin behind your helmet.

you fatnaked, no terabyte bro...Sold it for a good chunk of $.

I only have the ML570 for now.

You wanna store all those digital photos heh?

hey Keno bro, seems like it might rain this weekend?

hey nice server bro! yeah, photo storage is becoming an issue.. haha! I'm archiving to DVD but that ain't the best option. Need a little raid5 action to feel good about it.

Wish I could join this ride... Wife never asks for much, but the one thing she does want is HER DAY with the family so no ride for me. Have fun and be safe!

wow, wife and I went there a few weeks ago. I might go for the ride, but will hang out outside the museum with the old folks on buses to talk about WWII.
So far, there is a chance, I will do it.
which way did you go, I'm putting the final route together this week.

you can get standard SETAs with rebates and RAID or mirror them.

If you want, we can use the ML I have, I have room for 16 10 or 15k SCSI 1u drives...expandable to 2 TBs.

We can use that BRO!

I can give you remote access you can download!

Hey ZZ,

We just went the standard way to get there...118, etc not much action with the Camry.

But Dale (with the BMW) is asking when the next ride.

Let us make a good 200+ mile that day.

armand

you can get standard SETAs with rebates and RAID or mirror them.
If you want, we can use the ML I have, I have room for 16 10 or 15k SCSI 1u drives...expandable to 2 TBs.

We can use that BRO!

I can give you remote access you can download!

Hey ZZ,

We just went the standard way to get there...118, etc not much action with the Camry.

But Dale (with the BMW) is asking when the next ride.

Let us make a good 200+ mile that day.

armand
There is a sunday ride I'm going on to a town called Amboy out by 29 Palms somewhere, heres the info on that ride and some of the friends you met are a part of. It might be a stretch to ride up to our staging area for that ride, so I'll post a ride for something in that area. Where does dale live, by you also in san diego?

https://ocsoutherncruisers.com/modules.php?...d=3575#pid17210

I live in Diamond Bar, he lives in El Segundo....

Spoke with him yesterday, he can only ride on Sundays...

Most likely we can do this ride on the Sunday and not Saturday.

BigD

Looks like rain guys for Saturday 60%, 20% for friday and sunday. What does this mean? We will move the ride from this Saturday to the following Sunday March 19th, hope it is more promising weather wise for the 19th.

Weather looks excellent, finally going to get the bike out in the sunshine. For the ride this sunday we will probably take the 5 to 57, 210 to 118 and Regan Parkway, down 23 to PCH, 10 to 57 back home. Hope to see ya!

ZZ looks like it might rain this upcoming Saturday too.

Either way I'll be out of town for the next couple of weekends so I'll catch you guys next time...

ZZ looks like it might rain this upcoming Saturday too.
Either way I'll be out of town for the next couple of weekends so I'll catch you guys next time...
Ok, anyone interested please let me know so I can call the BBQ place, how many seats they need to reserve. So whether you are leaving with us here in San Juan Capistrano, or meeting us in Simi Valley let me know by friday night, thanks guys.

Mike, I'm sure we will hook up when you get back, I'll be thinking of you when I bite into my Tri Tip!