Alpinestars 360 Drystar Oversuit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting one of these Alpinestars one piece suits and am wondering if anyone out there has any personal experience with them. I've already been down the Aerostich highway and don't want to go that route again at this point so I'm just looking for info on this particular product. I found THIS LINK from the Ducati site that has an excellent comparison of the Stich and the Alpinestars but I was looking for some personal feedback.

360DSTAR_SUIT_410x410.jpg

I've been thinking about getting one of these Alpinestars one piece suits and am wondering if anyone out there has any personal experience with them. I've already been down the Aerostich highway and don't want to go that route again at this point so I'm just looking for info on this particular product. I found THIS LINK from the Ducati site that has an excellent comparison of the Stich and the Alpinestars but I was looking for some personal feedback.
360DSTAR_SUIT_410x410.jpg
After wearing some of the usual suspects ('Stich, Rocket, Cortech, etc, etc.) with mixed success, I tried a Space Drystar jacket and ST5 Drystar pants. Same stuff as the suit you're looking at. Didn't know anybody who had worn them, couldn't find a review, hell I couldn't even find a dealer who had seen the product anywhere other than the Alpinestars catalog. Best gear I've ever worn. Cool enough when it's hot, warm enough when it's cold and waterproof. Don't know about crash worthiness, I'll put it on my to do list :)

I was so curious about this that I finally decided to TOFTT and purchase. I was worried about sizing because like "K" says, I couldn't find one anywhere.

Well it showed up at 6:00 pm before I had to take a 5.5 hour ride into mixed weather. I had very little time to spend getting familiar with it. Basically just threw it on and hit the road. Short summary: I LOVE IT!.

Plenty comfortable right out of the box, very secure feeling, enough vents to handle a period of 99 degree heat (as always, just keep moving), and kept me dry through an hour and a half of mixed rain and traffic spray on both surface streets and freeway.

I discovered a vent the hard way when my right forearm started feeling wet, but it really wasn't. The waterproof membrane is inside the vent, so it got wet on the outside and was just sticking to my arm.

Still dialing in the fit, and entry / exit procedure, and the knee pads may have to be replaced. They're rigid, and feel like they're mounted a little low. They climb into position over my knee cap, and hike the legs up a little on the way.

They've already evolved this product, so you can get this one on closeout specials if you look around. I paid $413 plus fees for mine, and plan on using it for a long time.

Hope this helps.

Huck, where did you get it at that price? The lowest I can find it online is 489 with free shipping which sounded pretty good to me but 413 sounds even better since I'm a frugal (cheap) bastard.

Don't ahve my paperwork here, and since I ordered from my home computer, don't ahve any of the subsequent e-mails. Will post tonight with an answer.

Sorry.

Drew has one, and after last years EOM I considered it after his get-off.

At this year EOM, in the Friday rain, he got pretty damn wet, far wetter than I would have expected. I know he had a shorty shield on and *most* of the water entered through the neck. I just know I was glad I wasn't him.

Might want to PM him, or maybe he'll come along and comment.

I remember now (getting old). I got it at Motostrano, but a quick review of their site ad I don't see it any more. Might be worth a call?

888-383-3419

As Renegade said, I did feel a fair amount of wind around the neck, but never got wet there. Just that one area where the vent was open a little, and even then, well I guess I already described that.