An ode to Presidents day.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For All of us on the other coast, please translate that into English, Please :)
Vic, I think it's actually a Minnesota/Scandinavian thing
Yep, Joe has it. My Minnesota comes out sometimes. Uff da https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uff_da

Alder Point is off the beaten path and is a twisty, rough road but has some real nice views. Riding it at night would not be the most enjoyable time to be on this road...
Thanks. :)

For All of us on the other coast, please translate that into English, Please
smile.png
Vic, I think it's actually a Minnesota/Scandinavian thing
Yep, Joe has it. My Minnesota comes out sometimes. Uff da https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uff_da

Alder Point is off the beaten path and is a twisty, rough road but has some real nice views. Riding it at night would not be the most enjoyable time to be on this road...
Thanks for the link!

I never understood what it meant either.

I'm guessing translated into Arkie it would be "Dang!" ?

:)

How long have they been straightening the 299 highway to be more "morons who can't drive friendly". Are they going to keep the original 299 as "Old Hwy 299", or will it be lost forever? What a waste of precious tax resources.

It will be lost forever, like I said, there is only about 1/3 of the original road toward the top left. All of the timber in that section is already down. It will be gone very soon. I will forever miss the right hand hairpin that my GPS always told me "turn right now" in the middle of despite the lack of a road to turn right on.

I was out that way 4 years ago for San Fran - Pacific Coast - Angels Hwy - Malibu Canyons - Last year was way south in San Diego for the

C to C ride. I would love to go out there again with more time and spend riding the great roads out there.

Wish I was out riding with you . We just got another dump of snow. Last couple of days been in the -30 to -40c.

Great report . BTW great name.

Greg