Another FJR 1300 2004 Resurrection!! It's been about 5 to 7 years.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayven99

Reaction score
I put plenty of miles on my FJR in ATL before moving here to Vegas and then having my son shortly after moving here. Sadly, all four of my bikes sat while I worked two jobs and took care of my son. I'm finally getting back on the bikes one by one. I read Jammer125 thread and following all the applicable things they are doing. I figured just new battery, new fluids, and tires and it would be ok to get back running. Well new Lithium battery to see it would start but notice I didn't put fuel preservative in only the FJR thinking I would ride again sooner. So, plenty of rust in the tank!! So out with the bad gas and in with baking soda and vinegar (I'm hearing it also breaks up rust). The tank is sitting off the bike with the solution and hopefully I will dump out the rust from the tank tomorrow. I also changed the oil and filter on the FJR. I know final drive and coolant are next on the list once tank and fuel pump are clean. Taking pictures on some of the things I'm doing. Not sure it can fit on the forum.

Does your fuel pump still work? If so, count yourself lucky. I've dealt with two rusty gas tanks on FJRs in the past few years, an '04 and an '09, and on both the fuel pump was shot also. If your solution doesn't work I highly recommend EvapoRust.

i clean one from a scooter, with vinegar and bicarbonate , after that putted sealer in it
took 3 weeks ( was really bad ) but is now ok

I can't remember what sound the FJR would make to know the fuel pump is working. I thought maybe small blurb in the system. I been away from riding to long.

yeah, that is what i am missing, and why my bike is at the dealer ! thank you to let me hear that sound again

Well cleaned up everything but still not hearing "the Fuel pump priming." Need to find a schematic so I can check voltages. Sorry for being quiet lately. Drove Cross country in the slingshot for the 4th to ATL from Vegas followed by a wedding in LA.