Another luggage rack question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toynut

Reaction score
I am looking to install a Givi top case on my '05. I would prefer not to drill the plastics on the bike if at all possible (OHFJR), but I would like to retain the capability to install the removable Sargent backrest for my wife for around the town and short jaunts with/without the top case installed. I am aware that some of the racks utilize the brace that is under the rear seat as a support, but I am not sure if that would conflict with the Sargent brace that is needed for the slip in back support.

I also have a Corbin smuggler (nice piece though mediocre locking mechanism), that I occasionally install on solo trips (also forces me to remove the Sargent brace), and would like to retain that compatibility, if possible.

Tall order for sure, any advice would be welcome. :)

I have the rack and backrest offered by Premier. I am not sure if you could use the rack they offer with the Sargent backrest or not. Contact Duane at Premier and I know he can help you.

I can tell you that my Sargent backrest will not fit my 05 with the Givi V46 w/Givi mounting rack in place.

I do pack the Sargent backrest flat in the Givi for long trips with the SO so we can leave the Givi in the motel and pop the backrest on for daytrips. The backrest and the topcase want to occupy the same space at the same time.

OHFJR or Garauld may make a rack that provides some adjustability to the GIVI.

Last edited by a moderator: