another windshield question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonn46

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I am kinda new around here so please excuse me if this has been beat to death. Actually I may have a different twist on it. I have read lots about the different brands of after market windshield but has anybody tried the one that Yamaha has that is similar to the one that is on the 04 FJR but it is two inches taller? Actually I can't get the full measurements but I think it is a little wider as well. I am 5'8' with a 30" inseam and even I find the the windshield that came with the bike too short. I up in the boonies so I don't have as much of a selection as some of you folks so if the larger OEM is half decent it easier for me to go that route.

Tks in advance

John

John,

That is Yamaha's Touring windshield.

I have one on my Gen II and I would say it is only marginally better than the stock one. The noise and buffeting are still present, but not as severe.

I just ordered a CeeBaily from recommendations here. I just hope the noise goes away. Coming from an old Goldwing with an aftermarket barn door, the noise associated with the standard and touring shields are unacceptible.

I up in the boonies so I don't have as much of a selection as some of you folks so if the larger OEM is half decent it easier for me to go that route.
Tks in advance

John
It appears that you already have internet access, and I assume you have a valid address. As long as you have a credit card, you can order any windshield you want online and have it delivered to your door. It doesn't get easier than that. Plus you'll most likely save money as compared to your source of accessories in the boonies that has a limited selection.

As far as how good the OEM "touring" shield is, it's very subjective. Everyone will happily tell you which windshield they have/like. I have the VStream and am happy with it, but have not tried any thing else beside the stock windshield. There might be a better one out there for me, but the VStream is good enough that I don't feel the need to look for it.

I be yer size. The givi screen 2" taller and 2" wider works for me. The price is right too, I think I paid $82 with free shipping.

Wow that is a good price for the Givi, I will do a search on it. I didn't know they had windshields, I never heard anybody else mention it.

Here is where I got mine. https://www.titebike.com/sa/cart/found.asp?...300+windshield+

I'm about your size. I got the shield that is 4 inches taller and 2 wider. I really helped with the head buffeting. I just have to raise it a little bit to get the wind off my helmet. When fully raised the wind comes around it pretty well and hits me in the chest and sides. On a hot day, I like this since I have an 05 that gets hot. I also feel some back pressure when it is fully raised, but I only notice it when I initially raise it. I'm happy with it and the price was pretty good.