Anti bug coating?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I have used it for years to get blood out of my uniforms. ... It works great when your kid gets a bloody nose and runs through the house.
omg2.gif

I have never met the bug goo that didn't come off with a good soak of soap and water. Microfiber is better for cleaning. I gotta get me some of this peroxide stuff.

Peroxide isn't specific to protein, it works on all organics by oxidation and is an oxygen bleach. The fizzing is from the peroxide breaking down and releasing oxygen from enzymes that are in blood and bug guts.

I don't think there's one magic product for that. A real good coat of wax on a regular basis and washing the bike when you see the bugs would help. A lot.
smile.png
This ^^^^ is it. At the end of the day, a wet microfiber (or rain storm) easily removes the left over carnage.

--G

Pledge multi surface polish works almost as well as Plexus for fewer dollars.Has anyone tried Bug Slide or Pig Snot wax? They look interesting but expensive.
A friend uses Bug Slide, seems to work well. Says it works well.

A wet dryer sheet melts them off,followed by a rinse rag to get the "soap" off. Found this on a RV forum. Use wax of your choice.

I purchased a two or three ounce spray bottle at Target and filled it with hydrogen peroxide.

I wrap it in a microfiber towel and store in the side case or tank bag.

When I gas up I simply spray on windshield and front of FJR and you can see the bugs dissolve.

Just wipe with microfiber towel and you are good to go.

I have been doing this for a long time with no ill effects.

When's Garauld building a Deflector Shield farkle?

Bugs, deer, bear, cages... No problem!

There might be a problem locating a stator that outputs 1.21GW to run it, though!

laugh.gif

Forget the harsh chemicals, easiest way to remove bugs or anything else that embeds in your paint or plastic windshield is a clay bar. Just use soap and water, then go over it with the clay, then rinse. The surface will be clean and completely smooth. A coat of wax helps too.

A wet dryer sheet melts them off,followed by a rinse rag to get the "soap" off. Found this on a RV forum. Use wax of your choice.
Tried this last night before our ride to dinner - worked like a charm on the windscreen and actually polished my almost 10 year old rough looking Cal Sci windscreen and headlights.... I was seriously surprised how well it worked....

Wet the sheet of bounce with warm water, went to town on the bugs then followed up with hot water soaked rag then a nice soft dry towel after. Looked fantastic and actually smoothed out a few scratches that have been bugging (see what I did there) me...

Be careful, with too much pressure you could introduce some fine scratches from the dryer sheet material...

All in all, this method gets a thumbs up from me ~!!~

Damn the clean-freak-nancy-boys on this damn forum. Wash it...wax it...buy it flowers and candy...its a damned motorcycle for gawdsake. I'll bet y'all spoon with yer bikes after you're finished, don't ya?

My daughter uses bug slide on her Harley and says it's the best. I think it's close to $30, at the Hunda Dolah Store. AKA Harley Davidson