Antlers are AWESOME!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, duh!

Mine were on the bike from the previous owner, so I've never had to fight my elbows for the rear view.

yeah, no brainer IMHO

there are a few things "mandatory" for a FJR...these are especially for a Gen I

(then there is a voltmeter, effective windshield, aftermarket seat, throttle lock)
just ordered mine on Friday

FZ1 mirrors are the shiznit.
FZ-1 mirrors are the single best safety improvement I've made to my bike.
Heartily agreed. I put them on my 04 about 4 years ago and loved it. When I bought my 08, I ordered another pair as quick as I could. I'm not a big guy(5'-7" 155 lbs), but I really couldn't see behind me that well before I changed them out. I don't see how some of our (ahem) larger bretheran can even think about seeing behind them. Of course, there are those who are more worried about looking cool than putting mirrors on that stick out a little farther and will make your ride safer. :p

GP

I really just need to break down and buy a set of these. The other day I was on my mountain bike. I was going to make sure my daughter was behind me and before I looked, I tucked my elbow in...Just like on my FJR. Talk about muscle memory. That's when I knew my stock mirrors had to go.

As MadMike would point out here shortly - those are antennae
tongue.gif

PS - and yes they are fo' shizzle the shiznit!

As MadMike would point out here shortly - those are antennae
tongue.gif

PS - and yes they are fo' shizzle the shiznit!

Installed. Awesome. No more looking at my hand guards. :clapping:

and why every time I touch the bike I lose a fastener. Where do they all go?? :angry:

I took me a while to admit that I needed these, but now that I have them I like them a lot. Not only are the stalks longer but the glass is larger as well.

I once saw a rider's-eye view of the difference between FZ1 mirrors and stock mirrors, think it was on a Gen II. I cannot find it now.
I saved that one.

Clicken Sie Hier

I have those mirrors on my 07, mainly because I need them when the wife is onboard. I had no problem with tucking elbows to see, but with a passenger onboard that trick no longer works.

You all be Phat Phuckers!

For the trim, svelte, adonis-like riders here, well, we have no need for those silly things.

:****:

For the trim, svelte, adonis-like riders here, well, we have no need for those silly things.
Uhm. Good thing you wear a helmet when you ride, they hold your ears in :D

(Speaking as one of the card carrying members of the big ear crew).