Any 09 Info

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been shopping around for a 08 FJR and all of the local dealers (in the Washington DC area) are indicating that they 08 alotted bikes have been sold. However they did indicate that if I wanted, I could put a down payment on a bike and they would see what they could fine one. No one wants to budge from the MSP of the bike. 1 dealer indicated that the 09 should be available to order sometime in September. I refuse (atleast at this point) to purchase a bike without getting a feel of it. Has anyone heard when the 09 information will be available? Thanks

No information will be out for the 09s for a while yet.

Keep searching. I bet you can find an 08 out there somewhere.

1 dealer indicated that the 09 should be available to order sometime in September. I refuse (atleast at this point) to purchase a bike without getting a feel of it. Has anyone heard when the 09 information will be available? Thanks
If you are of average height*, rest assured that you're nearly certainly going to love this bike, especially if you know going in about the caveats (non-ideal seat, recommendation to add a few things here and there, etc.)

If you're accepting of that, you can easily find an '08 bike on cycletrader or even eBay if you search.

On another string I've read that '09 information is coming in mid-September.

*I say this only because it seems that us taller riders have to make a few more modifications to find a comfortable setup. It's more ideal right off the lot, it seems, for riders of average height.

New Vmax engine. You heard it here first! :yahoo: :rolleyes:

I have seen '08s on the floor at:

Competition Accessories in Springfield, OH

Ohio Motorcycle in Hilliard, OH

Hinds Motorsports in Lewis Center, OH

They are out there.

There are used FJRs looking for a good home, too...

I have seen '08s on the floor at:Competition Accessories in Springfield, OH

Ohio Motorcycle in Hilliard, OH

Hinds Motorsports in Lewis Center, OH

They are out there.

There are used FJRs looking for a good home, too...

I bought the last one at Hinds.......but xtreme cycles still has one

+ on Razee's-I almost bought it, but ended up getting one at Chenango Imports in Utica, NY-they don't have any more on site, I don't know if they can get any.

However, if anyone is interested in a fantastic 05 ABS with GenMar and Meissner risers, Wildhair exhaust inserts, Moko Sliders, driving lights, etc. for a really good price, my (theirs now) '05 is on their showroom floor. I have no stake in this, so I'm not throwing the bull when I say it's a great bike, in great shape and runs very strong. I've had the exhaust headers off and no sign of oil in the exhaust ports (i.e., it won't be a "ticker."). This bike is a hell of a buy. Even the shock has very few miles on it (stock) because I was running a Wilbers. Front forks springs were also changed (Wilbers group buy years back). I'm saying this because it's an opportunity for someone to get a great bike and all its background from a previous owner that has nothing to gain. I'd like to see the 'Ol' Blue get a good home. I think somewhere between 21,000 and 22,000 non-thrashed miles on her. Ask for Jeff Flood and tell him Gordy sent you. Anyone interested in how to contact them or need info, PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

I'm not putting this in Classifieds because I'm not selling it and won't get a cent out of it, if you know anyone who is looking for a "safe" buy in pristine condition, spread the word.