Any Alternative to Corbin Smuggler?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this link in vid's & pics.

Someone somewhere makes something similar to the corbin smuggler which is used to outfit police model fjr's, Replacing rear seat.

In the link, theres pics of it, but I tried emailing the company and came back dead address. So use the link just to see pics.

Maybe someone in europe can ask a motorcycle cop who makes it

https://www.woodwayengineering.co.uk/index4b.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Tail Locker

Has anybody tried an Elite Seat Sak on a FJR? I had one on a VFR and it worked well. It locked to the bike and the main compartment held a full face lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gramps,
Is that the tail pack your running?
No, I have a roll bag which I hate.

I do think that I'll be getting the CL-150 before I leave on my trip. It looks pretty good strapped to the seat.

They do have some of the best prices I have found yet.
Those are pretty good prices from what I have found. Thanks.

I would like to see how the "Tail Locker" Canes lined looks on a FJR. That is an interesting option as well.

Thunderworks in Santee, CA did a one off FJR conversion for Moreno Valley PD. They had a box where the pillion seat goes and it was much nicer than the corbin. Thunderworks.net is the web site, but I did not see the FJR on their site. Somewhere on this forum are pics of the FJR. Maybe someone down in SoCal can run by Thunderworks and see whats up.

Gramps,
Is that the tail pack your running?
No, I have a roll bag which I hate.

I do think that I'll be getting the CL-150 before I leave on my trip. It looks pretty good strapped to the seat.

They do have some of the best prices I have found yet.
Those are pretty good prices from what I have found. Thanks.

I would like to see how the "Tail Locker" Canes lined looks on a FJR. That is an interesting option as well.
I ordered an Elite Tail bag from Luggage Locker today. Ill post pictures of it on the bike when it gets here

Thunderworks in Santee, CA did a one off FJR conversion for Moreno Valley PD. They had a box where the pillion seat goes and it was much nicer than the corbin. Thunderworks.net is the web site, but I did not see the FJR on their site. Somewhere on this forum are pics of the FJR. Maybe someone down in SoCal can run by Thunderworks and see whats up.
Anyone been able to get ahold of these folks to see if these units are available??

WW

Here is the poor mans smuggler. I have been using this set up for a over a year, and it is great. I am looking to improve it in a few ways, but haven't had the time to dedicate to it just yet.
https://home.nycap.rr.com/pnelson1/FJRtailbag.htm

OOPS, just noticed you have an '05. This set up will not work on a Gen 1. Sorry for the tease.
Great job, for both the installation and the presentation showing us what you did. Thanks,

Ron

Yes, we need an alternative. I have Christophe checking on a price and shipping options for the trunk used on the Belgian police bikes. I'll let the forum know what I find out. Given the weak dollar against the Euro, I'm not holding out much hope that the price is going to be reasonable, but we'll see . . .

I just ordered the Axio tailbag for my ZX14. I'll let you know how it works/fits both bikes.

How's that Axio look & fit, Stephen?

The Carbon Fiber model is calling me.
That looks pretty neat - Mark me down as another one who wuold love the Smuggler but not willing to spend the dollars they want.

Can anyone provide a picture of this on a FJR to see how it looks and mounts to the seat?