Any Alternative to Corbin Smuggler?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,

I have the Axio tailpack too. I haven't used it yet but did try it on for fit.. Fit nice on the pillion seat and on my touring rack. Not super large but a decent size. Similar to a moderate sized tank bag I guess. It is very nice quality. I currently have it out for paint. Garauld is spraying it the 07 Black Cherry to match my ride. I will post pics of it on my bike when its completed.

WW

Hey,

I have the Axio tailpack too. I haven't used it yet but did try it on for fit.. Fit nice on the pillion seat and on my touring rack. Not super large but a decent size. Similar to a moderate sized tank bag I guess. It is very nice quality. I currently have it out for paint. Garauld is spraying it the 07 Black Cherry to match my ride. I will post pics of it on my bike when its completed. I think this will be a very nice alternative to the smuggler.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an extra seat pan and will be making a fiberglass seat cowl this winter...maybe something like to Busa cowl, but not so drastic). Not sure if I'm good enough to make a latch to store things???
I am also interested in the Nelso Rigg CL100 for my Gen. I bike. I may follow up on that later as well.
FJRandy fabricated one. See his on page 2 of this thread.

He could not only provide some tips, but I think he's in your neck of the woods.

Wish I had those skilz. It looks slick and since my wife doesn't ride, it would make a lot of sense on my bike.
Yup, Randy's is the cat's ass, but even if he was wiling to make another one, I don't want to think about how expensive it would be. I don't have the skills for anything even close to that.
I've been called many things, but the cat's ass?? That's a new one.

OK, here's my rear trunk. Made from a Shook Designs Speedpac. The Yamaha lock is incorporated into the tank and rear storage.

No, I'm not making any more. You're looking at the only two in existence.

1st pic shows the two Speedpacs. One molded to the top of the tank, and the other rear storage. Second pic shows mine opened, and the one I made for a friend's SV650. The inside of mine goes all the way down to the seat base, and is lined with black "trunk liner" carpet. About 3X the storage space of the Corbin. Oh, and mine doesn't leak!

102_0224.jpg

twostoragetrunks2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard back from Christophe at BkeDesign. They are not able to obtain the Belgian police bike trunks - all the production goes to the plod.

P.