Any gen2 owners owned both a Corbin and a Sargent seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rider47

Reaction score
I have an 08 FJR and put a Corbin seat on it. The Corbin is better than stock but not as much of an improvement as I have had with other aftermarket seats in the past. I have read many posts of Corbin seat owners and also of Sargent seat owners, but I was wondering if anyone who had owned both seats could tell me how they compare and which one you decided was the one to keep. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really what you asked but here it goes...

I had a Corbin on my Gen 1.

I had a Bill Mayer built for my Gen 2 and didn't care for it too much.

I had a Russell built for my Gen 2 and I like it a lot.

While my Russell was being built for my Gen 2 I bought a Corbin.

I can't even get it to lock in on the bike so I've never ridden with it.

You might be better off trying to find somebody local that has a different seat that you can sit on ot maybe swap to your bike and go for a ride.

I'm on Long Island, NY and if you're anywhere close you're more than welcome to try out any of my 3 aftermarket seats to see what works for ya.

I have an 08 FJR and put a Corbin seat on it. The Corbin is better than stock but not as much of an improvement as I have had with other aftermarket seats in the past. I have read many posts of Corbin seat owners and also of Sargent seat owners, but I was wondering if anyone who had owned both seats could tell me how they compare and which one you decided was the one to keep. Thanks.
Rider47,

I am also interested in hearing some individual results regarding the Sargent... I have tried the Yamaha Comfort/Gel seats (3000+ miles) and they didn't do it for me. They felt a lot like the Corbin seats... Very stiff.

I suspect the Russell seats are the best for long days in the saddle... Though, they hinder your movement (ride transition) during aggressive cornering.

Thus, I have been considering the Mayer and Sargent.

WW

I have a Gen I '04 with a Sargent seat and like the seat fine...much better than stock.

I also run an Airhawk Air Pad (do so on all my bikes) and that is a fine addition.

Very happy with what I have.

If I was starting from scratch, I believe I would get an extra stock seat from someone/somewhere and get a Russel during a group buy. It's the best, IMHO.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I currently have a Corbin on my '06 and previously had a Sargent. The Sargent didn't require the same break-in saddle time that the Corbin does, and comfort-wise I found it a fair bit better than stock, though not exceedingly so. I ended up getting a Corbin more to drop the seat height, and am much happier with it for that reason. Sargent seat does maintain the two-position adjuster of the stock seat, which Corbin does not. Have no experience with the Russell or Mayer, but based on my experience and reading all the reviews from other riders, if the Corbin's not doing it for you I suspect the Sargent will not do much more.

Brian

'06 FJR1300