Any Thoughts On Eom '06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I think that this topic hasn't been seen by quite a few people. I thought that smthng would definitely have smthng to contribute.

Again, I will reiterate my choices... Shady Valley, TN or somewhere in W. VA.... maybe the Snowshoe or Canaan areas.

For those that'd be coming from the northern parts & attended EOM in 05, Shady Valley is somewhere around 250 miles north/notheast of Townsend. For you folks south of Townsend, guess how much further Shady Valley would be?

Right now as it stands there are at least 4 people who would be up for helping to plan a meet in Shady Valley, TN.

I'd also be willing to help with a meet in W. Va. if that might be agreed upon.

Heidi

My vote doesn't count since I haven't attended an EOM yet, but I would be really interested in getting a tour of West Virginia parts...

Shady Valley is somewhere around 250 miles north/notheast of Townsend.
I'd say only about half that, unless you're running the long route around asheville on the BRP.

Ok, ok guys... gotta' prove a chicky wrong, huh?

145 miles to Shady Valley from Townsend people 'cause the guys say so!!!

It wasn't for me... I took the long & twisty route from that area on my way down for EOM.

Heidi, I just wanted to show folks where this debate was referring to. I wasn't tryin' to dis ya! Never! Heck, Deal's Gap was like another planet. Never heard of it before this year. Now this Shady Valley is a whole new thing, too. BRING IT ON!

Ya'll just figure out where you want to go play, and hopefully I can play, too. Also wondering where the CFO is going to be, if there is one. Definitely not by me. Roads around here suck. Unless you like straight and level.

...and another good thing about Shady Valley, TN

is that it's not only legal to harvest and eat roadkill but it's encouraged. :dribble:

So if you should happen to have an unplanned get off, you know, like they do at Deals Gap, don't lay in the road for very long! :butcher:

Kiddin'! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
"East" is roughly 40 hours long from Maine to the Keys. Not everyone has the time or the willingness to ride that far. This year was South Central EOM, 2006 may be North East EOM and 2007 Deep South East EOM. Putting Deep South in 2007 will give them a chance to look for a hill or scout for a curve or two in advance :bleh:

Each eastern zone has its own beauty and character. We will show you ours if you will show us yours. :lol:

Alan

NH

I attended Freedom Fest at Snowshoe WV in July this year and the area was great (even if the rally wasn't). This said I would also vote for a NY or maybe even a PA location. I love the Dragon and have made the trip but it is a long ride from the northeast and the last 2 EOMs have been in the south.

I am attending the WFO in Reno and won't have the time to do 4 days down to TN in addition to that....and yes I am only thinking about me here! But then again so is everyone else.

gypsy

I am attending the WFO in Reno next year, travelling from Pensacola Fl at the end of July, so if we can book the EOM 6 weeks before or 6 weeks after I will definitely do both, otherwise it is Reno only.

Skippy

I have yet to attend an EOM due to scheduling problems, but I am vowing to myself to attend this year at any cost.

My vote is WV, TN, KY, or VA. Upstate NY sounds pretty good, too.

I can help plan several routes in WV if needed.

I'm down for anything that is NOT townsend/deals gap/dragon

Would love to check out shadey valley though =)

or is there anything good on the coast??

I am attending the WFO in Reno next year, travelling from Pensacola Fl at the end of July, so if we can book the EOM 6 weeks before or 6 weeks after I will definitely do both, otherwise it is Reno only.
Skippy
+1

I am attending the WFO in Reno next year, travelling from Pensacola Fl at the end of  July, so if we can book the EOM 6 weeks before or 6 weeks after I will definitely do both, otherwise it is Reno only.
Skippy
+1
I'm +1 on Reno

Also ST.N National is Cannan Valley in June

Also ST.N National is Cannan Valley in June

Hey BugR, I'm planning on attending the st.net National. What area are you riding out from?

You guys may want to investigate Haws Nest State Park in West Virginia. They have a lodge, some great roads, awesome scenery.

https://www.hawksnestsp.com/

If you're into that sort of thing.

Looks like I'm not the only one waiting to see when the EOM will be held this year. I know it is important to decide where, but for me it is more important to get it on my calendar as soon as possible so when is more important than where. My preference would be late August or September but I will try to be there no matter when or where it is if I can schedule the days early enough.

That Hawks Nest looks nice. I've been by there before but did not stop. I think it's on Rt 60.

Sooo...can we decide where the event will be held this year? Probably need to start making plans to obtain a decent facility and to have local riders scout roads.

I'm game for "wherever". Probably prefer either WV/VA or VT/NH/NY.

WV sounds great to me. Also, try to avoid Mid-September if you can-when the CFO is.

Looking forward to going to EOM this year-wherever it is.

-edit- Oh yeah US Route 60 it is.... :agent: :agent: Love that US 60!