Any ticker repairs in the South East?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying to find a dealer worthy of working on my '03. I need to have a tick-fix done, and I need a dealer that's going to back me up and go to bat for me with Yamaha.

Has ANYONE in the south east had thier ticker repaired? If so, what dealer did it, and how were your experiences with them? I'd like to hear about both thier technical skills and thier people skills (were they quick, did they give you hassle or run-around, did they order all parts the first time?)

Resurrecting an old thread to try to get some insight on locating a competent shop to fix a ticker. I'm a little leery of letting my bike be the first one the tech's ever had the head off of. I'd be willing to travel 5 or 6 hundred miles if anyone can confirm that they have had success at a particular shop.

Thanks,

David

I'm in the process of trying to find a dealer worthy of working on my '03. I need to have a tick-fix done, and I need a dealer that's going to back me up and go to bat for me with Yamaha.
Has ANYONE in the south east had thier ticker repaired? If so, what dealer did it, and how were your experiences with them? I'd like to hear about both thier technical skills and thier people skills (were they quick, did they give you hassle or run-around, did they order all parts the first time?)
Search terms "Broward Motorsports" will get you to an old thread with some relevant stuff about Broward as well as Riva Motorsports in SE FLA...unfortunately, not any firsthand ticker repair reports, but "I heard that they did some ticker repairs" etc.

I had my bike repaired at Sunrise Cycle in Norfolk, VA. So far, they seem to have done a good job on the engine & a so-so job on reassemby of the plastics.

04 fjr pilot AKA as Rick had his 04 done at Anderson Brothers Yamaha .

They are located in Elizabeth City NC .

Rick is the owner who had a poast on this forum with audio from his ticker .

If you need more details give them a call ,Larry is the owner .

He rides a 05 FJR himself .

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call and see if I can set something up. Good to talk to a shop that has actually done the repair.

David