Anybody going to the ROT (Republic of Texas) rally 6/12-6/15?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to strike a POSE!

vogue.jpg

:rolleyes: :) :lol:

As J. Foxworthy put it so succinctly.." I'd rather slam my weeny in that slidin glass door" ! But as was already mentioned the Hill country roads will be barren...and quiet for a change. I'm already counting the days 'till the first cool front blows in....and there's months and months of 'em to go. Thankfully we are blessed with much motorcycle racing on the toob through the summer...and its gonna be a hot one this year. As far as ROT goes..." its the smell man...that gasoline charred body smell...someday this rally will end.."

Blessings,

Bobby

here is a report from a Houston local forum. No thanks..

Wow is was hot this weekend in Austin. I mean HOT. Like low 100's Anyway, the rally was insane. It has gotten way wilder than Dawgs on Hogs in Summerville. I mean people just weren't topless they were NAKED. Which was too much for me. God invented clothes for a reason because alot of these people NEEDED THEM. I rode around on the wing cranking tunes chicks love the song "It's Tricky" probably the best party dance song ever other that "Jump Around" People were amazed how loud the stereo is on that bike. Also the think never got hot even during the day.

When I went back to 6th street around 2:30am from Travis County Convention center there were ALOT of very drunk people. This one dude in a Chrysler 300 was literally swerving into all three lanes on the feeder before 4th street. So I timed it pefectely as he was swerving and kicked the crap out of his right rear quarter panel. Then rode up on the sidewalk behind trees in case he tried to retaliate. Then the sucker almost ran this guy on a choppers girlfriend(she was on another bike})off the road. So he kicked their car too. Man, it is one thing to deal with ride crazy cagers but crazy DRUNk Cagers too?

I finally came back down 5th to pick up the chopper with a sales sign on it on 6th street and was watching gang bangers smoking a pipe in their car in TRAFFIC. That is one crazy town.

Austin is a crazy town? Maybe it's just full of tools from out of town, eh?

Funniest thing I heard about this weekend was a buddy of mine that swears he saw a gal wearing a scarf. Well, he thought that was odd, as it was 100 degrees here, so he took a closer look. Uh-huh, you know what she had flopped over her shoulders... :dribble: