Anybody help me identify this ???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
4512551415_7a47a447b2_m.jpg

4512551413_953acc982e.jpg

4512551407_13a3b25a57.jpg

4512551403_4aea7b2c44_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mholiver/sets...57623710720129/

I believe it was the lower exhaust (before the slip on) pipe mount on the left side

Last edited by a moderator:
Stiffer rear spring. And when they ask you what you weigh with gear don't forget to add 100 lbs. for all the farkles you have :lol:

Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Looks to me like the bottom part of your center stand, you should be able to see the one still in place on the other side. The reason it looks kinda familiar is because i just got done with lubing most of the joints on my FJR.

4512551415_7a47a447b2_m.jpg

4512551413_953acc982e.jpg

4512551407_13a3b25a57.jpg

4512551403_4aea7b2c44_b.jpg

I believe it was the lower exhaust (before the slip on) pipe mount on the left side
OK, it is the pipe mount...on my Gen I, it looks like a replaceable part bolting both to the frame and to the pipe

the large circle hole seems to contain some kind of bushing like shock prevention

anybody help me find it on the yamaha fishe...I've failed miserably this past hour of attempt

crawling under the bike, it would seem they are the first to hit like riding up a ramp or step

this one on the left is broken as shown, and the other side on the right is bent to hell

I'd like to replace both sides...everything including mount, bushing, and bolts as needed

thanx for any help...you engineers and mechanics

What is your bike no longer doing or what symptoms are you experiencing? I went through the entire parts list with pictures and could not find a part that looks like that. If it did come off of your exhaust, it will probably need welding, I do not see a part listed for what you described.

Check out the link below and take a look for yourself

Yamaha OEM Part Fich

anybody help me find it on the yamaha fishe...I've failed miserably this past hour of attempt
crawling under the bike, it would seem they are the first to hit like riding up a ramp or step

this one on the left is broken as shown, and the other side on the right is bent to hell

I'd like to replace both sides...everything including mount, bushing, and bolts as needed

thanx for any help...you engineers and mechanics

This will get you to the Yamaha fiche, click on Precede to Parts Catalog >>Link<<. It will at least get you the name of the doohickey and the Yamaha P/N.

that's the deal...studied the fische for an hour...pulled up exhaust and then frame

I don't see anything shaped like the parts I want

What is your bike no longer doing or what symptoms are you experiencing? I went through the entire parts list with pictures and could not find a part that looks like that. If it did come off of your exhaust, it will probably need welding, I do not see a part listed for what you described.
Check out the link below and take a look for yourself

Yamaha OEM Part Fich
I've looked at the fische for an hour -> admittedly only the 2004 pics

but the part is there...it bolts from the frame side on a tab to a tab on the pipe side...I have to assume it's on all Gen I's and probably on Gen II's

4911872354_c8c58cb6c2_z.jpg

4911872360_bab06dbb10_z.jpg

62 and 63 in the stand-footrest fiche. The centerstand brackets have those exhaust hangers on them.

62 and 63 in the stand-footrest fiche. The centerstand brackets have those exhaust hangers on them.
I thought the same, but there are flanges on the headers where something akin to these might bolt (as in the photos).

They certainly do look like the rubber supports that are mounted, item 63, on my '05. BUT...where's the metal outer part?

See the last line of my sig . . . . . :rolleyes:

Since I'm the only one that can get down on the gound and look at his bike, here's a picture:

Hangers.jpg

Her the image is dimmed except for the visible portion of the centerstand brackets:

Hangershighlighted.jpg

The "metal outer part" is the piece that's broken off of Mike's (Patriot's) bike. It contains the rubber bushing, pressed in.

So Mike. Whaddja hit to do that? You would have to have bottomed out pretty hard to get that shock arm out of the way!

I wonder why this did not show up on the parts fich. In the first post, the model year was not listed, but I would think both model FJR's would have this bracket. When I couldn't find it on the microfiche, I figured it would be a part that would require welding. In which case, if you know someone with a mig welder, the repair cost would basically be free.

I glad for you that you now have solved your dilemma.

I wonder why this did not show up on the parts fich. In the first post, the model year was not listed, but I would think both model FJR's would have this bracket. When I couldn't find it on the microfiche, I figured it would be a part that would require welding. In which case, if you know someone with a mig welder, the repair cost would basically be free.
I glad for you that you now have solved your dilemma.
It is in the fiche. See post 11. It's on the Stand Footrest fiche. The hanger itself is not the part. It's a piece of the centerstand bracket, which is the part listed.

His is torn up enough to not be weldable, what with the rubber bushing being separated.

So Mike. Whaddja hit to do that? You would have to have bottomed out pretty hard to get that shock arm out of the way!
was running in front of Jeff Q at about 45mph on an unfamiliar road through a spillway near Hattiesburg, MS. All of a sudden, there was a (dry) concrete depression (ditch) running across the road...caught the far end of the lip full bore...I'm amazed the bike didn't spit me off or break in two.

:dribble:

OK, informal poll...if you were poor and economically challenged me, would you replace these...all the parts including brackets and hardware running approx $200

if nothing else if gonna fall off or break from lack of support, I guess I can live with it like it is

they broke like a year and approx 25k miles ago

Well, the exhaust system is supported only at the start of the header and the bracket of the can. If that's enough, then cool!