Anyone else in Canada get a call re: Ign Switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Special_K

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer that sold me my bike informing me of the ignition switch recall. I was a bit surprised that Canadian models are affected as it's my understanding that the switch used is a different part # than U.S. bikes. They claim it's a switch replacement only and uses the original lock cylinder. Anyone else get a call?

Just got a call from the dealer that sold me my bike informing me of the ignition switch recall. I was a bit surprised that Canadian models are affected as it's my understanding that the switch used is a different part # than U.S. bikes. They claim it's a switch replacement only and uses the original lock cylinder. Anyone else get a call?
No, I have not heard from my dealer yet. I sent an email off to Transport Canada on the weekend to see if they have any records or campaigns.

Thanks for posting. No call. I was gonna wait a few months for things to shake out before asking dealer. Hopefully I'll get a message in the mail?

I was under the impression that only US bikes getting recall.

Ice station, let us know if you get reply from Transport Canada.

It will be or it won't be. If they recall my bike they'll send me mail. If they recall someone else's or no one else's, so be it.

Haven't heard about any non-US bikes suffering the problem - but that doesn't mean that there isn't an issue.

Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Special K for posting this. I put up the question about Canadian models a few days ago on another part of the forum but didn't get any responses.

Hope you'll keep us updated.

Just checked with my dealer and he confirmed they got the notice. Also confirmed that the fix will be done so I'll be able to use the same key. Waiting for parts.

Just got my letter from Yamaha Canada.

They said I should not ride it until it is fixed.

Funny That.... Buggers.... :angry2:

Thanks to all those who fought to be heard and brought this to light.

Ride safe and with a good ignition.

Got mine too yesterday.

Problem is the nearest dealer that I would trust is, well, I guess I don't really know.

Cycle City is gone not that they were perfect but they would sometimes try.

Living in Hamilton Ont I have only one dealer who I refuse to step through the door of.

Any thoughts in the Geulph, KW, Brampton area?

Got mine too yesterday. Problem is the nearest dealer that I would trust is, well, I guess I don't really know.

Cycle City is gone not that they were perfect but they would sometimes try.

Living in Hamilton Ont I have only one dealer who I refuse to step through the door of.

Any thoughts in the Geulph, KW, Brampton area?

Try Performance Cycle in Cambridge. Just North 401 and Hespler Road. 519-658-5819. Good service. Great staff ask for Mary in parts. No, I don't work for them. Just get most of my work done there.

I just went to closest dealer, (Hamilton Ontario) gave him bike serial number and he said " yep its eligible". He ordered a kit and replacement completed. I did not expect a recall since I'm not an original owner.