Anyone have SW-MOTECH rack and Givi case?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-Dude

Reaction score
Was looking to get one of these

6498-350x350.jpg

They provide an "adapter plate" that mounts to it, and then the Givi case locks onto that.

The adapter plate can be removed in a few seconds so that's nice.

My question is does it support the Givi tail light setup?

Hoping someone had one and could snap a pic. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is does it support the Givi tail light setup?
Hoping someone had one and could snap a pic. Thanks.
I've been looking very closely at these. My impression is that *if* the adapter plate for Givi cases that mounts on this is able to handle the tail-light connector, you would have to fashion something like an SAE connection to your tail light bulb, then plug in the tail-light connector each time you mount the adapter plate. You could probably make the adapter plate accept the tail-light connector by using the right size hole-cutter to cut through the nylong; the Givi plates come pre-weakened in a ring so you just punch out the hole with a hammer and screwdriver. The surface of the tail-light connector then sits about 1/8" to a 1/4" above the surface of the Givi plate, and the bag contacts press down on the connector whenever the bag is installed.

However, all of this sounded like a PITA, and the SWMoto plates are not available for the '06 yet (to the best of my knowledge), so I just bought a Givi rack. I may have it powder coated to match the paint, or maybe will buy some touch-up paint and have a shop do it right. I'm still looking at the SWMoto side plates, however, for my extended tours where I want to carry more stuff....

Ordered one today... Looks alot better the the mount from Givi. Let you know how it works out.. :D Smitty

Ordered one today... Looks alot better the the mount from Givi. Let you know how it works out.. :D Smitty
does this mean I can talk you out of garauld's rack/backrest???? :yahoo:

I passed on it the next morning. I guess someone else was in line for it. Sorry, Smitty

No lights for me, but I will post some pic's when I get it put on next week. What I like is I will be able to put a small day bag on the flat plate. Should receive it by mid next week.. Smitty