Anyone have the Alpinestars Vega Drystar Gloves?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamirr

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of non-electric, cold winter gloves and have all but decided on these: Alpinestars Vega Drystar Gloves. I like the carbon knuckle protection on those as compared to other cold weather gloves. It's one reason I'm considering them.

I've been using these: Fox Racing Dirtpaw Glove since I started riding last year. With the vstrom handguards, they've been good down to about 35 degrees. Getting into november/december, it's been as low as 20 degrees when I leave for work in the morning and my addiction continues to tell me to take the bike.

Those motocross gloves have me spoiled by their excellent mobility and I'm looking for someone's opinion on the Vega Drystar gloves in that regard. I bought last year's version of the First Gear's Explorer for winter riding last winter. I kept waiting for them to "break in", which never happened. Those gloves are so stiff they're dangerous. I'd rather not repeat such a purchase. I went to heated gloves after that. They worked great but were a PITA. They were destroyed when I was hit by a car in February. With the handguards on the bike now, I don't think I need to (nor want to) go the electric route.

If you've got these gloves, I would appreciate your opinions.

And to appease the search nazis : Drystar site:https://www.fjrforum.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a pair of those for christmas last year and I love them. They are not bulky and allow for good feel and mobility. Since you have hand guards they'll be fine, even more so with heated grips.

One caveate with my love of them: they are not super insulated, but that works for me. But the key thing here is my hands don't get as cold as some others, and between working outside, riding, hunting and generally jacking around I am outdoors 300+ days per year. YMMV