Anyone here have the Yamaha FJR Comfort Seats??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put one on my '07 and sold the stock one. A bit premature... the Gel seat turns int o a frying pan in hot weather. It is comfortable under 70 degrees but get past that and the folks following you will think that they are smelling BBQ ahead.
I'm getting a sheep skin cover this week.
I am the one who bought your stock seat! Sorry to hear you regret selling it.

i have the comfort seat, better than stock but not by much. i just did over 1100 miles the last couple of days and even with a sheepskin cover my butt is still sore. one of these days i will save up enough money to get me a russell seat

I have a corbin now. I had bought a he'll seat first, I think it was just as hard as the corbin is. I love my corbin though. Better shape to it!

Update on the Yamaha Comfort seats,

I bought a slightly used set from a member here for a very fair price. Had them for only a month or so. I thought they were an improvement to the stockers yet a bit hard. I thought they looked a lot nicer than the stock seats. Me ole lady hated the pillion. Said it felt like sitting on a rock. She thought the stock seat was more comfortable. I sold them to another member here on the forum for that same fair price. I would not do the Corbin as it was even harder than the Yamaha Comfort seats!! I am considering having my stock seat cushions re-worked.

WW

Last edited by a moderator:
Do get sheepskin covers over those gels during summer. Had the bike sitting in the sun for 6 hours in Reno yesterday, had to stop at the Truckee River and dip the seats for 5 minutes (forgot to put the covers on) before heading home. The gels and sheep skin covers add 150 miles a day over stock seating for us anyway. Good luck

you could save alot of money and just buy a pair of bicycle gel shorts....a good pair makes all the difference on any seat and they are cool under any riding gear...it may be worth trying, you have little to lose.
Ankhman
I did exactly that!Reduced my "monkey butt"sydrome a whole lot.I have an older machine with a Russel saddle and the bike shorts were a great improvement!Made the stock saddle more tolerable and wicks away the sweat on the Russel. Wish I had tried the shorts before I spent the dinero on the saddle.Just my 2c worth.

you could save alot of money and just buy a pair of bicycle gel shorts....a good pair makes all the difference on any seat and they are cool under any riding gear...it may be worth trying, you have little to lose.
Ankhman
I did exactly that!Reduced my "monkey butt"sydrome a whole lot.I have an older machine with a Russel saddle and the bike shorts were a great improvement!Made the stock saddle more tolerable and wicks away the sweat on the Russel. Wish I had tried the shorts before I spent the dinero on the saddle.Just my 2c worth.
I do the same................although I ride my mountain bike a fair bit so my but is already used to it. I have thought about pulling back the cover to re-work the foam, but I am just not sure what foam to use........and where to place it. Looks like I have my 2nd "winter" project. <_<

I bought one. i like it but I only have maybe 1000 miles on it. The longest ride maybe 200 miles. Probably not a good report yet. I bought it for $281 from yamasportsplaza I think. It is a dealer in Seattle with a website.

Hello,
Anyone have the Yamaha OEM FJR Gel Comfort seats, and do you like them? I have been considering these... The cheapest, new, I have been able to find these online has been for $282.

Thoughts from any of you that have them.?.? I am not interested in the Corbin (have done that..too hard for me) And/or a custom seat(too pricey for what I am looking for).

I like the look of these Yamaha Gel ones and was looking for impressions from people that have them.

I am not looking to send my stock saddle out for "modifications" either.

Anyone here have um?

WW

My two cents worth: just back from the Not Superman Rally in Cape G. Missouri and about 3,000 miles in the last 3 1/2 days. My butt is sore at the contact points on the Corbin seat. I had the beads on the seat on the way down - like them but they start to hurt my insides of the leg after several hundred miles. Great for air movement under your butt.

I've never been in love with Corbins, had them on Bmers, Harleys, and now the FJR - all came with the bike if you were wondering why I would keep buying them. :)

So - question to continue the thread: what custom seats does everyone like? I've read Russell, but not heard from either of the Mayer brothers, or Sargent, or others? I had a Rick Mayer on my last R1100 RT and loved it, but he took FOREVER to make it....

Thanks!

Jason

[email protected]