Anyone interested in HID groupbuy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
So I've been researching the HID headlight retrofits, and I'm ready to try one. Problem is I can't lay my hands on any HID's locally at a reasonable price.

If you are in, have any friends or families in, or are owed favors by the "auto recycling" or collision repair industries, I plea for your assistance.

I'm trying to find a set of Bosch bi-xenon projectors with bulbs, ballasts, selenoid wiring et all. These can be found in 2002-2005 BMW 3series, Mercedes E46, and some other hi-end cars. I'm not 100% commited to the bosch setup, but do want a set of bi-xenons for sure.

I'm willing to pay $200-250 plus shipping if someone can lay thier hands on a set. Obviously I'd like to find them as cheap as possible.

If helping a fellow brother is not enough, for whoever finds me a set I'll offer a special incentive. If it all works out well, and you can get a set for yourself, I'll retrofit your headlight as well.

[SIZE=8pt]Of course, HIDs may or may not be legal in your area. HID conversions should only be used for track sessions, and not on the street. I mean, you shouldn't be able to see the road properly, that's just not right.[/SIZE]

Hmmmm.... do I need to put together a Group Buy on HID Conversion kits?

It will only be worthwhile if several dozen folks are seriously interested.

Speak up, people....

I'd definatly be in if it was within my cost range. I wanna go full hi/low projectors though.

Tinker, you're not gonna get too many interested parties with the title of this thread. I though maybe you were from New Orleans or somethin...

I'm interested since the majority of my commuter driving is before and after sunrise/sunset. It needs to be a straightforward conversion though and CA legal if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how "straight-forward" the install will be if it's what I'm looking at.

Much more of a hack and slash affair...

So I've been researching the HID headlight retrofits, and I'm ready to try one. Problem is I can't lay my hands on any HID's locally at a reasonable price.
If you are willing to pony up $250, How much have the locals been asking?

I live in a small ass hick-town with shit for junkyards. I can't even find any used. Buying them new from a dealer is.. well, just plain dumb

I don't use ebay anymore, but I've seen sets going for about that on ebay, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested in this. Of course, I'd be interested in getting a second headlight assembly also. This is something that I would probably take my sweet time with and would hate to have my bike down for that long.

I'm looking at a few sets on ebay I may be bidding on. If I get one of them, I may take the plunge and modify my current assembly. Anyone know if the headlight assembly is on back-order from mother Yamaha.... just in case. :bigeyes:

Hmmmm.... do I need to put together a Group Buy on HID Conversion kits?
It will only be worthwhile if several dozen folks are seriously interested.

Speak up, people....
No WC, we want mufflers!! :)

Rick

I live in a small ass hick-town with shit for junkyards. I can't even find any used. Buying them new from a dealer is.. well, just plain dumb
I don't use ebay anymore, but I've seen sets going for about that on ebay, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.
Try this website. It might help. https://www.car-part.com/

Rick

Warchild, I'm interested.......I've participated in every group buy you've put together and have been very happy with the results of all of them!

Jim

I'm watching this thread to see the cost, how do the lights activate, how big/small/ugly are they and what does it take to install them. If all the answers are on the "okay" side then I'm in! I think my budget for this is low...less than 200. Am I dreaming thinking this could happen?