Anyone know where to get one of these?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
My low beam HID low beam conversion came with a male 2 prong male plug to go into the FJR 3 slot female headlight plug:

FJRHID003.jpg

Does anyone know of a source that I can get that 3rd spade/prong or whatever the right name is, but I need one!!!! I'd like to be able to put into this plug so I can tap the high beam source to use as a relay trigger for my other high beam aux lights.

Yes, I can splice into the factory harness and may resort to that, but would rather do it this way.

I've been to most of the auto parts stores locally - they tell me to go to the hardware stores - and they tell me to go to the auto parts stores. At one of the local auto stores the guy said something that made sense in that the male part is usually the bulb, so no male plug is needed.

Help! Someone here has got to have the answer!

Looks a lot like what was generally used for the first generation lithium ion battery to motor controller on remote controlled airplanes, I have a few of those myself. If yours are compatible to those (and they sure look like it) you can get them at any hobby shop. Take your plug with you and try it out.

Radio Shack
RS didn't have it; told me to go to a auto parts store.

I did finally find online by sorting through pages after inputting "H4 headlight male plug"; got onto www.coimagination.com and ordered two plugs plus prongs (kit).

I really didn't think this was such a hard item to find, but if there's a place locally to buy these, I sure couldn't find it! I always try and buy local if I can, but in this case I could have saved a fair amount of time and gas if I would have just searched online first!

You can just use a standard solder-less male quick disconnect tab lug and plug it into the other empty headlamp connector.

termquickmrd250.jpg
I got the right ones yesterday; already got it wired up and plugged in!

I'm putting my flamethrower aux lights and the FF50's on a on/off/on switch so I can turn them on via the high beam or have them constant on depending on what I want (or keep them off).

Man, I got FJR parts scattered everywhere, but it's starting to take shape...