Anyone tried a Fieldsheer Iceberg Cooling Vest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sold on the idea, but who has this brand? I found others, but everyone seems to like the Techniche.
No go with the Mira Cool.
ordered 2 from tuffrhino yesterday. shipping was the same for 2 as 1. figure I'll sell the second to a buddy.

Lee
If you typically wear an XL is that what size you ordered? Do you want these to be kind of snug like heating gear?

Thanks,

Dave
Yeah. They should fit snug to fit under your gear but don't have to be as tight as heated gear that has to touch the body to keep it warm. It works like a swaMp cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it 'swaps' heat for cool.. Damn Eighty's kids an their terminology :rolleyes: Makes us 'old guys' feel outa place eh?

Now back in Korea when I was waxin jeeps in the swamp we had these coolers....

:jester:

I'm sold on the idea, but who has this brand? I found others, but everyone seems to like the Techniche.
No go with the Mira Cool.
ordered 2 from tuffrhino yesterday. shipping was the same for 2 as 1. figure I'll sell the second to a buddy.

Lee
If you typically wear an XL is that what size you ordered? Do you want these to be kind of snug like heating gear?

Thanks,

Dave
the web site said "reg" works for up to size 46. I'm about a 42 so went with reg. I think the sides, on this model, can be snugged up. This is a pullover vest with no zip in the front. It looks like a front and a back with straps on the sides, from pit to waist, to make the sides.

Lee

Yeah. They should fit snug to fit under your gear but don't have to be as tight as heated gear that has to touch the body to keep it warm. It works like a swap cooler.
A SWAP cooler???
I fixed it. :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****: :****:

Yeah it 'swaps' heat for cool.. Damn Eighty's kids an their terminology :rolleyes: Makes us 'old guys' feel outa place eh?
Now back in Korea when I was waxin jeeps in the swamp we had these coolers....

:jester:
Thanks old buddy. I'm not vary smart and this thermodynamics stuff some time really throws me for a loop. :unsure:

the web site said "reg" works for up to size 46. I'm about a 42 so went with reg. I think the sides, on this model, can be snugged up. This is a pullover vest with no zip in the front. It looks like a front and a back with straps on the sides, from pit to waist, to make the sides.Lee
That's the one I ordered too. I'm wondering how effective, if at all, it will be with a Roadcrafter. Guess I'll find out.

I just got my Miracool and the Miracool bandanna today. The vest has velcro in the front so you can put it on like a vest and not have to pull it over your head. The side straps help adjust it to how round your body is. I am 6'2" 260 and my XL fit perfectly.

I just ordered a Miracool Sport Poncho. Hope that I like it. That said, my Joe Rocket Sahara has lost it's oomph for life... or holding water for long. I wore it yesterday. It would stay thoroughly wet for all of a half hour or so. Still damp spots on it.. but the front of it would be close to bone dry. Time for new... & trying the Mira Cool this time around. With shipping included, it's cheaper than the other vests without shipping. Worth a try from all of the good things folks here have to say about it.

I just ordered a Miracool Sport Poncho. Hope that I like it. That said, my Joe Rocket Sahara has lost it's oomph for life... or holding water for long. I wore it yesterday. It would stay thoroughly wet for all of a half hour or so. Still damp spots on it.. but the front of it would be close to bone dry. Time for new... & trying the Mira Cool this time around. With shipping included, it's cheaper than the other vests without shipping. Worth a try from all of the good things folks here have to say about it.
That MiraCool poncho vest is one heck of a bargain to beat and works very well.

After three years with mine I would buy another and recommend to everyone I see.

BTW, those are my comments on the Tuff Rhino web page about the poncho vest.

That MiraCool poncho vest is one heck of a bargain to beat and works very well.

After three years with mine I would buy another and recommend to everyone I see.

BTW, those are my comments on the Tuff Rhino web page about the poncho vest.
Now we got a freakin' celebrity to deal with.

I was gonna purchase the Miracool vest but the 22dollar shipping threw me off. My honey found one for 35dollars with FREE shipping so that one is on its way. The vest without the collar. At 100degrees here in Hungerford its like ridin' in a blast furnace even at 85mph on my Thrux. Here's a link if interested.clicky

I was gonna purchase the Miracool vest but the 22dollar shipping threw me off. My honey found one for 35dollars with FREE shipping so that one is on its way. The vest without the collar. At 100degrees here in Hungerford its like ridin' in a blast furnace even at 85mph on my Thrux. Here's a link if interested.clicky
I do hope ya like it

Cooling Vests Eval

Miracool is crystal technology instead of all others being fiber

fiber lasts hours, crystal lasts days

My fiber vests only worked for about a year and had to be replaced as they stopped holding moisture

Best of luck, sincerely

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

yikes, can't blame you there.

shipping to 66206/KS was a bit over $10 and was the same with two vests. So I ordered two. I'm pretty sure I can sell one locally at the $20 plus half the shipping I paid.

I have one and decided to give it a test this evening. Temp. in the low 90's and very high humidity. Soaked it for 15 minutes and set out. It made a difference for 45 minutes and after that, even thought it was still wet,I was getting hotter. Removed the vest and continued to ride and found the vanson Ventmax jacket cooler than the vest.

FYI.

Jack.

Yeah. They should fit snug to fit under your gear but don't have to be as tight as heated gear that has to touch the body to keep it warm. It works like a swap cooler.
A SWAP cooler???
Simon, nuthin' gets by you......except Fairlaner? :D

I'm going to have to read this whole thread again to figure out what the hell to order.

I have owned and used a MiraCool vest every summer for 5 years now.

When it is HOT, the MiraCool vest is the best solution that I know of except maybe(?) a white/very thick cotton sweatshirt soaked completely in ice water. At 120 degrees even the sweat shirt will be bone dry in the Mojave desert in one hour.

The only thing about the MiraCool that I don't like is that after a day or 2 it starts to ripen like a good bier chasse! <_<