Anyone try these yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more about no-seams where you sit, than moisture wicking. The LD shorts also have elastic at the leg openings to keep them from riding up!

Basically motorcycle specific vs. general underwear!

Tend to run commando meself.. Might ask beemerdons.

Wait, nevermind. He still prefers pantyhose. ;)

:jester:

I've heard people talk about the LD Comfort shorts but I just ran across these. Clicky
I'd have to see them in person to give an educated opinion. :D
Eh, how far are you willing to travel for that sight test, Tyler :rolleyes: . Seriously, these are just like many other "wicking" underwear. I've got some just like that from Ex Officio and have worn both the boxer type and briefs from Ex Officio for a number of years. LD comfort is different in many ways so they are not the same animal (not talking about you Tyler :yahoo: ).

doctorj

Last edited by a moderator:
What makes LD Comfort better is the dual fabric layers. This is what really eliminates chafing. The moisture wicking dealio is secondary, though also important in hot weather. Before I had the LD's I ran with some lycra bicycle shorts with a synthetic chamois that I had from my human propelled 2 wheel days. They were OK, certainly better than having seams under your butt, but at the end of a long day you sometimes felt like you had a damp diaper between your legs. :blink:

"Underwear"? What a great idea!

No more freeballing it for me!

I've heard people talk about the LD Comfort shorts but I just ran across these. Clicky
I did about 3,000 miles in mine last month and am satisfied that they are far better than any of the other Underarmor or bicycle specific shorts that I've tried. Someone here said that a Russell seat and LD Comfort shorts were the way to go. I agree.....

What makes LD Comfort better is the dual fabric layers. This is what really eliminates chafing. The moisture wicking dealio is secondary, though also important in hot weather. Before I had the LD's I ran with some lycra bicycle shorts with a synthetic chamois that I had from my human propelled 2 wheel days. They were OK, certainly better than having seams under your butt, but at the end of a long day you sometimes felt like you had a damp diaper between your legs. :blink:

This from a guy who signed the petition to have Depends put superheros on said garments..

Yer a funny guy Fred. :lol:

:jester:

I haven't tried those, but just bought a pair of these https://www.zoneperformancewear.com/ and will be testing them soon. Look like they will do the job OK.

I have the LD and they are only good (for me anyway) in cool weather. They don't "wick" worth a shit in hot weather.

I'll have to send Tyler a photo :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.