Anyone using Motor Cycle Cruise control?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MCC is pricy, but it is a "top quality" kit that anyone with limited mechanical ability can install by following step-by-step well written instructions. I have had MCC on my bike for over a year and it works flawlessly!

So, am I the only one here who picked up vaccuum off more than one cylinder for better response with the AVCC??

So, am I the only one here who picked up vaccuum off more than one cylinder for better response with the AVCC??

No. I tapped all four cylinders on mine and didn't use a resevoir.

Response, so far ( about 6K miles ) has been very satisfactory.

I just finished the Audiovox install on my 06, but have to wait for the weather to clear before testing. I used one vac pickup and a truck fuel filter for a reservoir. We'll see.

One question for those with GenII FJR's... Were there any issues in tying the purple wire into the yellow brake light wire. I tested the brake wire for ground with the ignition on, but the brake off - nothing. I tested for current instead and found that it had 7 or 8 volts + going through it with the ignition on. Apply the brake and it jumps to 12 volts. I have stock tail lights.

Are any resistors or diodes needed for the purple "brake light sensor" wire from the CC or is it not a problem for the CC to have 8 volts running through its purple wire??? :unsure:

You should not have a voltage present. For the Audiovox cruise to turn on the purple wire must be connected to ground.

To turn the cruise off +12VDC has to be applied to the purple wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started this topic in December, inquiring about which was better, the Audiovox or MC Cruise cruse control units for my '07 FJR. After reading the comments (thanks to all) I purchased the MC unit. It's installation was a winter project, which finished up today. I am happy to report that the installation went flawlessly and, after its first test today, the MC unit works perfect. Hardly any adjustment needed.

The installation documentation was as good as any car/motorcycle tech manual I've seen. Excellent pictures and directions. The unit is tailor made for the FJR.

I'm looking forward to lots of miles with my right hand and wrist no longer wearing out. Although a lot more expensive than the Audiovox, I have no qualms recommending the MC unit to anyone.