Approaching Etiquette: Wave in Reverse

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! That was easy.

You're easy.

[SIZE=12pt]Hey everyone, Sonic is gettin' the first round at NAFO!!![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My lane is just that. MY lane. Stay the hell out of my area.
Gunny! (Gunny)

Mine! All MINE! Unless you're invited in slow traffic or at a stop do NOT take it upon yourself to roll up beside someone in the same lane. Very rude! (IMHO )

Back to the original question, I love to see the confused looks when I roll by in the left lane, waving with my right. Funny how many people don't know about throttle locks.

I like the idea of catching the rider's eyes in the mirror and waving from behind. May put an uptight rider at ease. I'll give it a shot next time the opportunity presents itself.

As for the wicked, backwards stoppie? Guess I need to work on that. :D

ThreadDirection.jpg

Now that the king ass has joined.......here's a pictorial fer ya. :rolleyes:

Anyone ever call you an assgun? Just curious.
What's an assgun?

To answer the question... When you walk by someone in the office, elevator, neighborhood etc. how do you say hello?... just kind of depends right?

It's the same for me on a bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, it's 29 palms, dude.....anything goes there......just ask the gunster.

You derailers are a fekkin' joke. Why not play in your own corner somewhere?

Back to the wave discussion.... I will overtake another rider just like a sled if he/she isn't riding my pace. I usually pop on the throttle lock and give them acknowledgement as I get to the ten o'clock position. Usually get the same back once I am in the lane. Courtesy is a great thing. A few years did just this about an hour out of Devil's Rock, stopped for gas, then got in the lane to enter the park. The other rider from an hour back, pulled up and offered to get us in free as he had a National park pass and it works for two riders travelling together.

One of the refreshing things about riding a ST bike is that there is generally less obsessing about waving and all the supposed etiquette of riding a motorcycle in this group than there is in the cruiser world, particularly HarleyWorld. Wave if you want, nod if you want, or ignore everyone else. No one really cares. No one is going to run you down and confront you about it, and no one is going to jump out of the weeds and hook you off your bike if you don't wave. As to where to stop, where to ride, etc., common sense works really well. Bottom line: there are no rules, no canon of ethics about which to be concerned. Do what works for you and don't worry about it.

this is what we do to people who don't wave :p

GZPlaya2.jpg

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKEN ABOUT RIGHT THERE! Good stuff... :yahoo:

One of the refreshing things about riding a ST bike is that there is generally less obsessing about waving and all the supposed etiquette of riding a motorcycle in this group than there is in the cruiser world, particularly HarleyWorld. Wave if you want, nod if you want, or ignore everyone else. No one really cares. No one is going to run you down and confront you about it, and no one is going to jump out of the weeds and hook you off your bike if you don't wave. As to where to stop, where to ride, etc., common sense works really well. Bottom line: there are no rules, no canon of ethics about which to be concerned. Do what works for you and don't worry about it.
OK Sarcasm alert here.

Uh "Do what works for you and don't worry about it." I wasn't looking for a "canon of ethics" I asked a question you gave a pretty pissy answer. So hey, let's see - - f**k you. That's pretty refreshing for me and don't worry about it 'cause I'm riding an ST bike and don't obsess about waving or all the supposed etiquette of riding a motorcycle.

Truth be known: the Sport riders are better about it than the Harley guys. I like the community of MOTORCYCLES not Harley vs. SB and I like etiquette, I like seeing other riders and acknowledging them. So, I mean this in the best possible way, __________ fill in the blank yourself.

Dang. why can't folks just keep they mouth shut when they ain't got nothin' to say.