Are they 'squids?' Maybe not!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother-in-law asked me today which power ranger I was. We rode out to pick up his wife, him on his Shadow, no gear, lidless, me ATGATT on my Feej.
I told him I'd rather be a power ranger than a mummy.
When a buddy and I walked up to a coffee counter in our Aerostitch's once upon a time, the girl behind the counter asked us if we were the guys who were coming today to power wash the windows. :lol:

I know you can get seriously hurt within a block of your house, but I wonder how many of the ATGATT folks actually go full Power Ranger just for a quick run to the video store? I can tell you not many, if any, do so around here. Helmet? Check. Armored jacket? Check. Gloves? Check. Riding pants? . . . uh, no. Only on long trips. Stupid? Maybe. Lazy? Definitely.
I am ATGATT anyime I am on the bike, even for a two minute trip.

I HATE wearing long pants and shirts!!!! You know that weird guy wearing shorts and t-shirts when it is five degrees outside? That is me. For me even small trips means gearing up. If, I don't fell like gearing up I just take the auto. It is a pain in a butt at times, but I just do it. In the last four years, the only time I have been on a bike when not ATGATT is to move it out from behind one of my autos, maybe 10 feet.

Okay, maybe that is a little bit of a lie. When I am teaching the Basic Rider Course I am in jeans and long sleeve shirt. If, you take my MSF stuff out of the picture I am in full armored gear all the time.