Are YOU tired of political threads yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slapnpop

Rest in Peace our Forum Founder
Reaction score
After several complaints and some behind-the-scenes discussion, we're going to put an end to these political threads.

I'm not trying to stifle anyone's opinion, it's just a waste here. There are an almost infinate number of places online to argue about this until your heart is content. The bandwidth usage on these threads has been as much as 10% of our traffic in the past couple weeks.

If there is a valid motorcycle-specific reason to talk about politics, such as new restrictions, laws, or regulations, that's fine. Pointless rambling about which political party is right, wrong, or pure evil isn't.

Questions? Comments? Fine!

If you really want to argue about it, use the chatroom @ www.fjrforum.com/chat/, or better yet, google a political forum and take it there.

The Forum Guidlines have been updated to reflect this.

Now quit bickering and go ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzzkiller!

It was really entertaining watching these guys bang their heads into the wall and try to screw eachother into the ceiling. Oh well.....waiting out the winter........ :cold:

TFFT. I was beginning to think that this site was about to be overrun with this non motorcycle horse manure topic of discussion.

Now lets get back to the subject of 2 wheels! B)

After several complaints and some behind-the-scenes discussion, we're going to put an end to these political threads.
I'm not trying to stifle anyone's opinion, it's just a waste here.  There are an almost infinate number of places online to argue about this until your heart is content. The bandwidth usage on these threads has been as much as 10% of our traffic in the past couple weeks.

If there is a valid motorcycle-specific reason to talk about politics, such as new restrictions, laws, or regulations, that's fine.  Pointless rambling about which political party is right, wrong, or pure evil isn't.

Questions? Comments? Fine!

If you really want to argue about it, use the chatroom @ www.fjrforum.com/chat/, or better yet, google a political forum and take it there.

The Forum Guidlines have been updated to reflect this.

Now quit bickering and go ride!
But Daddy, he started it.

Whats yanktar going to do now?
taz.gif

2guns.gif

So my front tire, a Metzler, says to the rear, an Avon, " Hey Limey...arent you a little soft gerlie man?..wherein my Avon replies " You Bloody Kraut ! You cant even keep your wires biased !" and of course my dirbikes Michelins retort " Ave you seen ze new Renault ? Eeeet iz zo kewl !" So now I gotta go play ref ???!!! Thanks Slap, and I just got em to agree on plastic polish !!! Sheesh !!!

Bobby

"Why he's no fun, he fell right over..." - Firesign Theater

Oh, and two points for working in, 'divisive'. Snigger ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! There is no one here going to change anyone elses political viewpoint. We have a common interest here in the FJR. We don't have common political interests.

Yep, when two sides yell at each other and neither side listens to the other, it's not a debate, it's an argument. Thanks for the intervention.

First we find out the neoconservatives running the nation are monitoring our emails & phones lines illegally,,,,now they've turned to eliminating forum discussions where people's point of view, other than their own, are being presented....

Think I will go ride....

The bandwidth usage on these threads has been as much as 10% of our traffic in the past couple weeks.
I always thought the purpose of a Website Forum was to attract as many people as you can to the site...........thus generate revenue from advertisers based on hits...

I guess these guys have a different agenda.....

This is Slapnpop's house, so he makes the rules.

..and a good new rule he made.

:good:

Status
Not open for further replies.