Arizona FJR Forum Toys for Tots Ride on December 19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
WHAT: Our AZ Beemers MOA Club #89, in conjunction with Arizona FJR Forum, will be sponsoring a Toys for Tots Ride. Our contact with the United States Marines Corps is Sergeant Travis Flowers in Phoenix.

WHEN: Departure for this Toy Ride will be at 10am on Saturday, December 19, 2009. Details Forthcoming.

WHERE: Toy Ride rendezvous point will be GO AZ Motorcycles located at 15750 North Northsight Blvd., Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 Telephone: 480-609-1800 Website is https://www.goaz.com for a map and directions.

WHO: All makes, models and motorcyclists are invited to this Toy Ride to benefit needy children with a toy!

WHY: In this terrible economy many children throughout Maricopa County, Arizona will not be receiving a Christmas Day Toy. Gina and Brian of GO-AZ have generously offered their assistance to AZ Beemers and Arizona FJR Forum in helping sponsor a Toy Ride helping out needy children: By brightening up their Holiday!

DETAILS: For more info and suggestions please contact Don Stanley [email protected] 480-440-4666

For those of us who are working that day but still would like to drop-off a toy, is there a way we can drop the toy off early.?
Thanks.
Mike, I would say "Yes", at this time. I am going to call Sgt. Flowers tomorrow and get more information. I also am going to attend the AZ Beemers Board of Directors Meeting on Wednesday night and pitch this Toys for Tots.

Tuesday, I am going to ride back up to GO-AZ to meet with Gina and Brian again. Also want to confer with Geoff!

Hello Everybody,

Sergeant Travis Flowers of United States Marine Corps just called and we'll deliver the accumulated toys to USMC Phoenix Depot on Monday morning December 21 in AZ Beemers Club Trailer. I now need to find out from Geoff Oprandy the Toy Store he recommends!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tue, Dec 8, 2009 10:00 am

Subject: GOAZ and AZ Beemers Toys for Tots Ride on December 19 at 10 am.

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=2292.0 Good Morning Brian and Gina, The Toys for Tots Run has been posted at both AZ Beemers and AZ FJR Forum Websites. At Saturday night's AZ Beemers Party it was determined the most attendance could be obtained if we had the Toys for Tots Run on Saturday, December 19. We plan to start this event at 10 am at your Scottsdale GOAZ dealership.

I've placed a call into Sergeant Travis Flowers of United States Marine Corps, Phoenix Office, and I'm awaiting detailed instructions.

Toys for Tots M/C Ride will be discussed further at tomorrow night's AZ Beemers Board of Directors. I'll ride up to see you Thursday.

Merry Christmas,

Don Stanley

Chandler, AZ

H: 480-917-3863

C: 480-440-4666

I will be attending this. I was looking for a charity ride to do and if the Marines are involved I am there. (Proud Uncle of Lcpl Douglas Greene)

Don, is there any particular need the Marines have for toys? Age group, boy/girl, etc?

See you guys on the 19th!

Burk

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be attending this. I was looking for a charity ride to do and if the Marines are involved I am there. (Proud Uncle of Lcpl Douglas Greene)
Don, is there any particular need the Marines have for toys? Age group, boy/girl, etc?

See you guys on the 19th!

Burk
Good Morning Badcat Burk, Merry Christmas! I would think that we should concentrate on Toys for the children in the 8 years old to 15 year ages. At so many Motorcycle Toy Runs, everybody focuses on getting a stuffed animal or doll for the infants to 7 year olds; with the older children sadly being left out in the gift giving. The game plan is for the Group, we are up to 25 riders now between AZ Beemers and AZ FJR Forum, to depart from Scottsdale BMW at Hayden and Raintree at 10.

From there we ride to The Doll House and Toys located at SE corner of Frank Lloyd Wright and Scottsdale Roads. You know him and have ridden with ROUNDEL-Geoff Oprandy: GO has set up a discount with the Store so we can get best bang for our bucks with our toy buying dollars. I NEED YOUR HELP! Can you think of a nice 3-hour riding route that'll result in our arriving at Victory BMW at 2pm. The AZ Beemers Club Trailer will be parked there and we'll secure the toys in their building until Monday morning. Monday, December 21 AZB Club President Brian Boles (you know BB!) and Papa Chuy will drive the toys over to The Phoenix United States Marine Corps Depot located at 35th Ave. and the I-10. Please invite your Brother and any Friends!

Here is a map for the Toys for Tots ride on Saturday Dec 19th. The route may change slightly but the plan is to meet up at Scottsdale BMW (1) and depart at 10am for Doll House and Toys (2) at the SE corner of Scottsdale Rd and FLW. From there to Rio Verde (3) thru Fountain Hills(4) and out to the Lakeside Restaurant at Saguaro Lake Marina (5) for Lunch. Then onto Victory BMW (7) in Chandler to drop off the toys.

tots.jpg

I was hoping that SkooterG would show up for this but I understand the court order prevents him from being within 200 yards of any children and 100 yards from animals including but not limited to sheep, cows, ducks, chickens, pigs, goats, and gerbils.

I received word that my nephew Lcpl Douglas Greene may be riding with me. Doug is to be deployed to Afganistan in couple of months.

Here is a map for the Toys for Tots ride on Saturday Dec 19th. The route may change slightly but the plan is to meet up at Scottsdale BMW (1) and depart at 10am for Doll House and Toys (2) at the SE corner of Scottsdale Rd and FLW. From there to Rio Verde (3) thru Fountain Hills(4) and out to the Lakeside Restaurant at Saguaro Lake Marina (5) for Lunch. Then onto Victory BMW (7) in Chandler to drop off the toys.
tots.jpg

I was hoping that SkooterG would show up for this but I understand the court order prevents him from being within 200 yards of any children and 100 yards from animals including but not limited to sheep, cows, ducks, chickens, pigs, goats, and gerbils.

I received word that my nephew Lcpl Douglas Greene may be riding with me. Doug is to be deployed to Afganistan in couple of months.
Very nice work, Badcat Burk! In regards to SkooterG: He is also not allowed around manatees, armadillos or chuckawallas!!

Flyer for the Toys for Tots Ride.
flyer.jpg
Many thanks, Badcat Burk! I made 200 copies of this flyer. Delivered 100 yesterday to M/C shops, will deliver the rest today!
My pleasure Don.

C'mon you Arizona louts...open that dusty wallet and buy some toys for the kids. We are the lucky ones, share a little for the less fortunate.

I hope to see several FJRs at this event. Don't make me go 'badcat" on you ass..... :rolleyes: whatever that means...

Burk

Merry Christmas!

I think I should move to Mesa. These guys have lots of fun rides. That's a long way to go for a Toy Run. Have fun yall.

DK

(corse I could ride my new 1200GSA.... )

Looks like this will be the best riding day, weather-wise, of the month!!

Count me in....

Don or Brian,Is anyone caging the toys from Scottsdale to Victory or do we have to limit it to what fits in our bags. I'm planning on attending and going on the ride and have been collecting from others that are donating as well.
Gary, If you can get the toys to Victory by Saturday, they can go in the AZ Beemers trailer Brian will have staged in their parking lot. I am driving BB's Big Blue Dodge P/U, with the trailer behind it, to the USMC Depot at 35th Avenue and Interstate 10 on Monday morning. If you can get the toys to Scottsdale BMW this week, I'll swing by there on Monday AM also. And, if worse comes to worse, keep the toys at your house and I'll come to you on Monday 12/21!

BUMP REMINDER: Please attend Arizona FJR Forum Toys for Tots Ride this Saturday the 19th. A lot of families here in Phoenix this year cannot afford toys for their children and we can help the Marine Corps brighten the Christmas of Central Arizona kids. Starts at 10am at Scottsdale BMW-GOAZ, Saguaro Lake Lunch. Call Don Stanley: 480-440-4666 for more information.