Attn: XM Radio Subscribers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with XM.

They have the following promotion going on through Valentines Day.

If you are a current XM subscriber, you can get a Sportscaster for free or a Roady XT for $9.99.

Stipulations are that you have to pay $9.99 activation fee + 6 months in advance for the 2nd subscription @ $6.99 mo. After 6 months, it is $6.99 for the 2nd radio subscription. Must have uninterrupted service 1 yr on the 2nd unit to avoid a $100 early termination fee.

https://specialoffers.xmradio.com/accesskey...?kid=51962065AC

Not a bad deal... But i can only listen to one XM at a time, so the Skyfi2 is all i need, Until i get my new Garmin with XM... :D

SOME RoadyXTs are outfitted with SURECONNECT, but for you FJR, I don't think you want it. Remember the thread earlier about the green versus the red boxes?

[SIZE=10pt]XM SureConnect Cable: [/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]The package features an XM SureConnect cable that improves FM frequency transmission between you vehicle's FM antenna and the built-in wireless FM transmitter inside the receiver. You will want to place the XM antenna as close to your FM antenna as possible. The SureConnect cable can then be clipped to your FM antenna if you have a fixed mount antenna or stuck to the interior of the windshield if you have an In-Glass FM antenna. The SureConnect cable plugs into the vehicle's dock antenna plug and the XM antenna then plugs into the SureConnect cable. The SureConnect cable cannot be used on retractable or motorized FM antennas.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]Note:
If you are not able to use the XM SureConnect cable you will need to use either the supplied tape adapter (if applicable) or use the optional professional wired FM method of installation using the
https://www.jjielectronics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=961 optional FM direct adapter, sold separately
https://www.jjielectronics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=961. If your headunit features an auxiliary input you use the line-output on the car dock.

And from a post on a Roady forum:

Yes they still sell the old style per discussion with Delphi today.The easy way to tell the difference is the new/ruined version has black and red packaging, and the older better version has green and white packaging.
Just be careful out there. Ask for the old style GREEN box without SureConnect!!!

BTW, for comparison RoadyXT is 49.99 with free shipping on Amazon. Probably does not qualify for the $20 mail in rebate. I bought one at Walmart for about this much and Delphi nixxed the rebate. You might be able to talk XM out of an activation fee, though. I did... once.

Thanks for the tip, Randy. If you know you want an extra XM and will commit for a year, it's a pretty sweet

deal.

Last edited by a moderator: