Audiovox Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshumans

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone to a audiovox cruise control on my 2008 FJR. I do not feel comfortable with installing it. I live south Georgia. If anyone has a suggestion I would greatly apperciate it. Local dealer no help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for someone to a audiovox cruise control on my 2008 FJR. I do not feel comfortable with installing it. I live south Georgia. If anyone has a suggestion I would greatly apperciate it. Local dealer no help.

I would also love to have one...but not comfortable doing it myself. I'm in East Tennessee and would ride anywhere within a 300 mile radius to have someone do it...and would pay for your time.

Gary

I would also love to have one...but not comfortable doing it myself. I'm in East Tennessee and would ride anywhere within a 300 mile radius to have someone do it...and would pay for your time.

Gary
Gary,

You may want to contact Smitty. My understanding is that there is some unidentifed bug about installing one on a GEN II bike. Roughly 70% work great but 30% have issues that just can't be resolved.

I have an 08 and I'm also looking at getting Smitty to add it to my bike. If you do some searching on this site you will find a ton of reviews from people that got Smitty to install them on their bikes. The only bad thing is that if you have the bad luck of being in the 30% that have bad results then you can't take it out on Smitty. My impression is that Smitty is very top notch installer and that the 30% that have issues are probably due to defective Audiovox units. I will pm you and and let you know how my unit performs as soon as I get it installed.

Stacey Kennedy, P.E.

Gary,

Smitty just installed my audiovox on my 08 and it works great. I highly recommend him.

Good luck

I am thinking about putting an audiovox on my 07 A. I live in San Diego, CA. Is there anyone in the area that has installed one on a Gen II bike and lives close?

Thanks,

John

The install is fairly straight forward for anyone with some mechanical ability / aptitude. The trick is where to locate the servo. I place mine under the fuel tank as far forward as possible. Removing the IAS will give you a lot more room and the junk isn't needed anyway. The hardest part was drilling the "tang" on the throttle actuator, but again, if you take your time, it's no biggie.