August RTE- C. FL, BBQ This Time.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly, I won't be making it. Here's why:

So I'm telling Marie of the RTE yesterday, when she asks what time. I tell her "the usual.", when she reminds me of her family reunion, celebrating her mom's birthday....which starts at 12:00p! Crap!!!

Normally, I always seem to find an out on her family gatherings, but this one is kinda of special. Her mom is a real sweetheart, and for some odd reason, she absolutely adores me. She's more of a mother to me than my own birth mother (long story), and I so love her for it.

She turns 83, and one never knows if there'll be another one, so I can't/won't miss it.

Sorry guys, as I was really looking forward to this one, for the friends and food. My apologies for not realizing this sooner.

On another note, my daughter-in-law was admitted into the hospital last night, and I'm expecting a granddaughter sometime today! Very excited!! :clapping:

That is a shame but totally understandable in the circumstances, unlike my girlie excuse.

Have a great celebration and congrats from Sue and I to you and Marie on the happy news. See you both soon hopefully.

I plan on being there.

I am also trying to get a storage shed delivered. If they tell me Saturday, then I am going to have to go with that.

I am trying to tie up some loosed ends before a two week motorcycle trip.

With that being said I still want to make it. I think I have been to them all.

One good thing is Smoking Joes is big. I doubt getting a table is going to be a problem at all. So an exact head count isn't really a big issue.

Bowling Green is a heck of a ride for me to make for a Saturday lunch. Atlanta and Nashville both can be a PITA with traffic -

need some time to think on this... 913 miles....doubtful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowling Green is a heck of a ride for me to make for a Saturday lunch. Atlanta and Nashville both can be a PITA with traffic -

need some time to think on this... 913 miles....doubtful.
Cracking me up man. Bowling Green, FLORIDA!!
I just might be able to do that ! … But if my front tire can do that is the real question.

I just got home from work, so it will be a last second decision. I will be solo IF I do this.

Sorry, I am out.
sadsmiley.gif

Too much to do around the house.

I got home ~30 minutes ago; got cooled down and caught up with wifey on the happenins at the Mims homestead.

We had a good group - 5 total. I rode over and met Vic near Sanford and went to Bowling Green. We split up on the way back where the 417 & 528 splits off. I did 280ish miles on the day.

The '60 Matchless 350 was best in show IMNSHO! BBQ was OK; they sure do give large portions!

Tomorrow Vic is coming over and we'll do the first 2 tires on my brand new No Mar tire changer...

I got home ~30 minutes ago; got cooled down and caught up with wifey on the happenins at the Mims homestead.
We had a good group - 5 total. I rode over and met Vic near Sanford and went to Bowling Green. We split up on the way back where the 417 & 528 splits off. I did 280ish miles on the day.

The '60 Matchless 350 was best in show IMNSHO! BBQ was OK; they sure do give large portions!

Tomorrow Vic is coming over and we'll do the first 2 tires on my brand new No Mar tire changer...
You are killing me Jim !

How about 1 more tire tomorrow (For confirmation that the No Mar really works)

Latest posts