August RTE- C. FL, BBQ This Time.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got home ~30 minutes ago; got cooled down and caught up with wifey on the happenins at the Mims homestead.
We had a good group - 5 total. I rode over and met Vic near Sanford and went to Bowling Green. We split up on the way back where the 417 & 528 splits off. I did 280ish miles on the day.

The '60 Matchless 350 was best in show IMNSHO! BBQ was OK; they sure do give large portions!

Tomorrow Vic is coming over and we'll do the first 2 tires on my brand new No Mar tire changer...
You are killing me Jim !

How about 1 more tire tomorrow (For confirmation that the No Mar really works)
Sure, come on up! Always room for 1 more bike!

I have an extra new front Conti-Motion, and PR2 rear if you need them. Just replace and have it sent here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The matchless definitely stole the show! Very cool! Made it to the dealer in time to rescue my WRR and tuck it safely away back in the garage. Hopefully the new fuel pump will mean I don't get stranded in the middle of nowhere again!

I was burping bbq all the way home... Should have gotten the small order of ribs... LOL

Caught a little shower about halfway back, temp dropped over 20 degrees for about 15 minutes... Heaven.

I got home ~30 minutes ago; got cooled down and caught up with wifey on the happenins at the Mims homestead.
We had a good group - 5 total. I rode over and met Vic near Sanford and went to Bowling Green. We split up on the way back where the 417 & 528 splits off. I did 280ish miles on the day.

The '60 Matchless 350 was best in show IMNSHO! BBQ was OK; they sure do give large portions!

Tomorrow Vic is coming over and we'll do the first 2 tires on my brand new No Mar tire changer...
You are killing me Jim !

How about 1 more tire tomorrow (For confirmation that the No Mar really works)
Sure, come on up! Always room for 1 more bike!

I have an extra new front Conti-Motion, and PR2 rear if you need them. Just replace and have it sent here.
Looking twice at the front, I think I am still good. I think I may pop in to "watch and play"

I am missing Molly too…

Had a great time with y'all and so glad I gambled and gave the Matchie her longest trip of my ownership! Thanks for all the kind remarks guys, needless to say, I was mighty relieved to get home without mishap. The motor ran great even if she left an oily calling card but oil level hardly dropped at all and I was really, really impressed with the tranny.

Now coming from someone that rides an AE, that's praise indeed!

Hope to see you next time, prolly on the AE though, can't have her getting envious on me.

Got busy as hell when I got back to my nieces house. That brisket was mighty tasty. It was enough for two very hungry people. I enjoyed the ride. Looking forward to the new pair of shoes on my baby for the EOM. Jim, it was a bitch finding the black Guinness in cans but, I finally scored three four packs. See you tomorrow at 11ish.

That's good guys, glad the weather held out, for the most part. When it's hot though, I'm like Ken, those 10-15 minute showers feel heavenly!

Steve, glad to see you got the ol' girl out for a proper ride, she most likely enjoyed it!

I hope to make the next one, as I'm going through Marie's family schedule to make sure it doesn't happen again. :aikido: :rolleyes:

Sorry I missed you guys. Well, actually I am more sorry I missed seeing the Matchless.
smile.png

Got busy trying to get ready for our trip to NC and TN!!!!!!!

Hi Dan, sorry you couldn't make it but this is just for you...

Hope to see you and the missus next time.

Steve

Awesome. I bet riding that one was more of an adventure then riding the FJR.

Tina and I are going on our long trip starting this weekend. So we should be back and ready to ride the RTEs this fall.

Yes Dan, it was an adventure, one that gave lots of time to enjoy while it was happening 😀 😉. Be safe and have a great trip.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts