Austrian Taster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orestes

Reaction score
Just put together a small video of a few passes in Austria for a few friends who are joining me on a trip in July. Thought you might like to share.

The quality is not especially good as the clips were mostly taken on a digital still camera. Hopefully by July I will have invested in a DV camera

Austrian taster

Hopefully better quality now, if not I've got some work to do

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone needs to invest in a Camera Mount too :bleh: making your passenger hold it doesn't make for the best video... :haha: Great scenery though...wish it wasn't so damn expensive to ship an FJR across the pond...I'd love to play around in the alps for a couple weeks

I Great scenery though...wish it wasn't so damn expensive to ship an FJR across the pond...I'd love to play around in the alps for a couple weeks
Having seen this thread Pic of the year earlier in the year I'm seriously considering a trip to the west coast. Hiring a bike for a couple of weeks would set me back about $2000 but I could ship my own across to Vancouver for about $3000 inc all insurance. So maybe I'll take all my vacation in one go and spend 4 weeks travelling through Washington, Oregon and California. Still a dream, but I've started saving!!

Oh and it wasn't my passenger getting her hands cold, I was on the Bandit in front in the later shots.

Shaky pics...nice scenery..

Which part of Austria was this?

I was in Feldkirch on business last fall. They have some nice countryside there.

Which part of Austria was this?
I was in Feldkirch on business last fall. They have some nice countryside there.
We were based in Landeck which is about half way between Feldkirch and Innsbruck. The three passes featured were Grossglockner, Bielerhohe (Silvrettastrasse) and the Jaufenpass which is now in Italy but prior to WW1 was in the Tirol.