Autocom

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espia4ci

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get an Autcom Active 7 for sometime now. A friend bought one for his ST1300, but decided to sell his ST before installing it. He is asking $120 for the Active 7, including the Kenwood FRS radio kit as bought from Autocom, excluding the headset since it is already installed in his helmet.

Realizing that if I buy his Active 7 for $120 I will have to buy a headset, which runs about $90 from Autocom. I don't really care about the FRS radio.

How cheap can I buy a new Active 7 for? Less than $250?

Is there another dealer than carries Autocom accessories for cheaper than Autocom?

I suggest you give Kieth Goudlock a call at 918-446-2245, he will take good care of you.

A friend bought one for his ST1300, but decided to sell his ST before installing it. He is asking $120 for the Active 7, including the Kenwood FRS radio kit as bought from Autocom, excluding the headset since it is already installed in his helmet.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Call Kieth about the headset. I don't even know if the new Autocom units are available yet. Last info the Active 7 retailed for about $300. Keep us posted.

+whatever for Keith. I've got and like the AutoCom Active 7. I thought they were discontinuing that model for "new" models and you may be able to get a new "7" at a good price. Another thing I've learned is that AC makes their money on CABLES. You can get a cable for just about anything - I think they even make one to connect a refrigerator to your intercom!! If you have any install questions or whatever, feel free to contact me, it's not a difficult job.

Jim

+whatever for Keith. I've got and like the AutoCom Active 7.  I thought they were discontinuing that model for "new" models and you may be able to get a new "7" at a good price.
Last time I talked to Kieth, he still had some active 7 units at the 50% off price.

Skyway, that might have been misleading. I got mine back when the sale first started. Would have bought it from Keith but he didn't do plastic at that time. He is still the most helpful vendor I've ever dealt with and I have sent others to him who have had similar exp.

Mostly just a vote for the Active 7 at half price and Keith in general.

Kieth has 1 active 7 smart unit left. Solo price $155.00, rider/passenger for $210.00

He is also offering the new version active plus for $250 (not sure if this solo or rider/passenger)

You can read about them here:

www.autocom.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want you to tell me what the big deal is with the new stuff.

Well?
Well, just spoke with Kieth, and I may be one of the first owners of a new unit in the US. The new one has more inputs and separately adjustable rider/pillion volumes, which I felt was worth the extra hundo as it worked out for my system. As of 45 minutes ago he still had one new old one left. If you don't want three aux inputs instead of two or adjustable volume, it's a smokin' deal!

Anybody try the new pro-7? I have one of the older pro-7 units and have had quite a few troubles with a loose plug. Repaired once, just failed a second time. :angry: