Aux plug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No--fuse will blow. It's good for a cell phone, I-Pod, ect.....
And it gets warm enough in there to melt candy bars.

I like KISS and not cutting plastic so I ran a Gerbing cable connector of the battery and it sits near the handlebars. Then I bought a couple cable adapters; Cable to SAE and SAE to cigarette lighter. Now I can power my Gerbing gear, air pump, cell phone and Ipod all from one cable, just not concurrently. Easy peasy.

+1 Fontanaman. Did somewhat the same thing. I used the SAE cable from my Battery Tender with an female SAE extension cable with a cigarette lighter plug to power anything that needs more power than the glove box outlet can supply (air pump etc.).

Wouldn't this depend on what size portable compressor you're using? I've got a real small FIX A FLAT compressor about the size of a standard mailing envelope and I've used it once and no issues (so far).
"When in doubt, don't."

I'm sure the fuse spec for the existing outlet is published somewhere, as is the spec for each portable compressor.

But if you're out in BFE with a tire needing air and you blow a fuse (because you "thought it might work")...?

An SAE pigtail on the battery (for a battery tender) is going to work fine in a pinch.

I carry a small compressor for the flat repair but a good small bicycle pump is what I use for the daily check and adjust while on the road. I don't want to run the compressor for too long without the bike running and an early start in a camp site could mean I am waking others?

I too use the SAE lead that came with my Battery Tender Jr. It's permanently affixed to the battery and protrudes from the fairing just above the moveable fairing piece on the right. It's powered my Slime air compressor numerous times without trouble. It's a dead easy setup and well worth doing.

Wouldn't this depend on what size portable compressor you're using? I've got a real small FIX A FLAT compressor about the size of a standard mailing envelope and I've used it once and no issues (so far).
An SAE pigtail on the battery (for a battery tender) is going to work fine in a pinch.
Good idea.