Avon Azaro ST AV45 120/70/17 $39.99

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get them in. please post date of Manufacture on the tire. If not TOO old I'll get a set or 2.

When you get them in. please post date of Manufacture on the tire. If not TOO old I'll get a set or 2.
What's too old?

My bet is they will be 2004 or 2005 date codes. That's what my last several sets showed that I bought about a year and a half ago from the same vendor. Again, they had been discontinued for a while at that point. I just put on one of those - a new rear Azaro, have 6k on the front Azaro, and have 1 set still in 'inventory'. No issues with the 'old' tires.

These are an OUTSTANDING deal. Mucho thanks to HOBBES for posting this. :clapping: I haven't seen these for sale for a long time, and never at this price. I bought a few more sets. :yahoo:

Oh, and thanks for the thought Monsieur Carver. :wub: And my PM box now has a bit of room in it.

BTW Fencer, good to see you back around these parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
good find. i dont need them yet but orderd a set, at that price why not

I ordered a couple rears over the weekend. Hope they didn't run out. I was very happy with the rear Azaro. Guess I'll be running it with a Storm front.

Good Find! Thanks Hobbes!

From my research on this issue. I was kind of worried about shelf life too. I was thinking these tires must have at least 3+ years of shelf life on them. Most of my google research has come up with 3 years is about the max most feel as comfortable as if they were brand new. Over 3 years most people are starting to have some concern or will just not use them. 5 years seems to be the shelf life MOST say you shouldn't be running them.

https://www.rider-ed.com/getting-to-know-your-tires.aspx

Old tires sometimes need to be replaced even if they look new. As they age they lose their elasticity and get dry and hard. This has an effect on the braking and handling of your motorcycle. Tires are now date coded by the manufacturer so that it can be determined how long the tires sat on the shelf before being installed. Ask about the dates of manufacture of the tires you are about to buy. Sitting on a shelf for three years gives a dealer good reason too want to sell them cheap, and gives you a good reason to look elsewhere for that extra margin of safety.

I purchased a set of these tires from the same vendors earlier last Spring. No problems! I like them better than the Avon Storms. The date code on the front is 1706 and the rear is 3705. I expect to receive my new set on Wednesday. I will post the date codes then.

I too would like to offer my thanks. I recently bought a Storm rear only since my Metzler front still has a couple thousand miles left in it. Still.....this came at a good time since the front will need changing so I bought a front Azaro.

Wow......39 bucks for a front tire. And you know they're still making a wee bit 'o profit. Makes ya wonder what their profit is at $120+!!

Tom

I received my tires today! I ordered two AV45 120/70-17 from J&P Cycles. The date codes on these are 4305 and 2406. I also ordered an AV46 180/55-17 from Biker Garage 101. The date code on this tire is 1706. I noticed the AV46 appears to be no longer available from Biker Garage. I'm sure these will become harder to find in the future. I'm glad so many were able to score the deal. Thanks for all the kind replies!

Got the 120/70-17 from J&P Cycle with the date code 1706. Still waiting for the rear tire from Biker Garage. Hope to get out (soon) and burn/use up some rubber. :yahoo: :lol:

Got mine today!

Front had a date code of 0206 and the rear 3605

Not too shabby at all for $122 delivered to the door!

Once agin, thanks!

Got the 180/55-17 rear from Biker Garage today, date code 0106. The tire date code on my '08 is 3307.

The EU uses 6 years shelf life, and then they must be pulled from the shelf. I figure I go through a set a year, so IMO it is not a problem for 05 and 06 as the dates

The EU uses 6 years shelf life, and then they must be pulled from the shelf. I figure I go through a set a year, so IMO it is not a problem for 05 and 06 as the dates
+1...

You need to get out more, I'm lucky to get by with 4 rears and three fronts a year. :lol: I'm sure my riding season is a bit longer than yours. :p

Ordered 1 - 120/70R/17 = $39.00

and 1- 170/60/17 = $59.00

Shipping and handling came to $109.72 total.

Wow, I was planing on getting a pair of Michelin PR 2 but with a deal like this the Michelin's will just be a bad over priced memory.

Thanks Hobbs

:)