• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Avon Storm Group Buy on now thru 3/2/07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
According to a recent poll, at least 27 of you said you'd be in for something like this. Aside from the California bunch, it's time to walk the walk.

The arrangements have been completed for the long-awaited Avon Storm group buy. Tyler, the owner of Venom Motorsport Apparel in Clovis, CA is willing to work with me and cut his price to the bone to help out my FJR brethren (and sisteren).

The price for a set of two, front & back, FJR-spec, will be $235.00 shipped to anywhere (except Calif.) in the lower 48 US. That's 9 bucks less than SW Moto! If that doesn't spark your interest, sorry, it's the best I could do. Don't participate. Really, it won't hurt my feelings.

Unfortunately, it won't work if you live in California, as you'd have to pay state sales tax, which will put the price above SW Moto's. I can't even get in on my own group buy. :sadsmiley02:

Anyway, here's how it'll work: If you want in, you'll send me a check or MO, then I'll pay him for the total after I confirm all the funds, so he doesn't have to deal with bounced checks or empty promises. No credit card payments, as he can't afford to go upside-down on this endeavor with the CC company charges. Don't like that or don't trust me? Don't play.

To proclaim your intent and procure my physical address for sending payments, send email to: toecutter.bob at(@) gmail dot(.) com

Include "Avon group buy" in the subject. Please don't send PM's, my inbox is almost full.

All payments must be postmarked by Friday, March 2, 2007 so I can get funds confirmed, order/receive the tires, and get them shipped out by the middle of the month.

According to a recent poll, at least 27 of you said you'd be in for something like this. Aside from the California bunch, it's time to walk the walk.
The arrangements have been completed for the long-awaited Avon Storm group buy. Tyler, the owner of Venom Motorsport Apparel in Clovis, CA is willing to work with me and cut his price to the bone to help out my FJR brethren (and sisteren).

The price for a set of two, front & back, FJR-spec, will be $235.00 shipped to anywhere (except Calif.) in the lower 48 US. That's 9 bucks less than SW Moto! If that doesn't spark your interest, sorry, it's the best I could do. Don't participate. Really, it won't hurt my feelings.

Unfortunately, it won't work if you live in California, as you'd have to pay state sales tax, which will put the price above SW Moto's. I can't even get in on my own group buy. :sadsmiley02:

Anyway, here's how it'll work: If you want in, you'll send me a check or MO, then I'll pay him for the total after I confirm all the funds, so he doesn't have to deal with bounced checks or empty promises. No credit card payments, as he can't afford to go upside-down on this endeavor with the CC company charges. Don't like that or don't trust me? Don't play.

To proclaim your intent and procure my physical address for sending payments, send email to: toecutter.bob at(@) gmail dot(.) com

Include "Avon group buy" in the subject. Please don't send PM's, my inbox is almost full.

All payments must be postmarked by Friday, March 2, 2007 so I can get funds confirmed, order/receive the tires, and get them shipped out by the middle of the month.
Cool! Thanks for the effort! I will play.

Thanks for the effort, Toe, but you ought to just plan your tire changes for when you're in the (my) area... You're welcome to my garage, tools and car if you wanna take the $255 installed route at CalCoast. Heck, I might even make you one of my famous Steak n' Spud dinners! ;)

Well, seeing as I will save an additional $13 or so of tax from SWMoto, I be in..........

Thanks for the effort, Toe, but you ought to just plan your tire changes for when you're in the (my) area... You're welcome to my garage, tools and car if you wanna take the $255 installed route at CalCoast. Heck, I might even make you one of my famous Steak n' Spud dinners! ;)
Damn, that's a sweet deal! As I stated above, I can't even take advantage of this buy, and it's no good for anybody in California. Can they all layover at your place while their tires are gettin' mounted?

I imagine Tyler would mount 'em (the tires or maybe your female SO) for a small fee, if one wanted to ride to Clovis.

Is that price for dropped off bikes, or dropped off wheels?

Well, seeing as I will save an additional $13 or so of tax from SWMoto, I be in..........
It does look pretty good if you're in Arizona. Twenty bucks is twenty bucks!

Damn, that's a sweet deal! As I stated above, I can't even take advantage of this buy, and it's no good for anybody in California. Can they all layover at your place while their tires are gettin' mounted?
Nope. Just you special needs kids. The short bus runs every 30 mins. ;)

Is that price for dropped off bikes, or dropped off wheels?
Drop off wheels and wait the 45 mins or so it takes to mount 'em.

Figures I just had mine mounted last weekend. <_<

But for those on the fence, these tires inspire more confidence (admittedly after jusr 400 miles) than any tires I have ever had on a bike. There may be better, but these are great tires. Wet, dry, cold roads and bridge grating never created a problem. Decreasing radius turns, 100mph sweepers, all handled easily. Just my opinion......

Nope. Just you special needs kids.
Oh, that's what that sticker I saw on your windscreen means. Special Needs, Special Olympics, Special Forces....Now I get it.

Do they actually give you guys guns? And a bullet? :****:
:lol: Just don't say that around my brudder. He'll keel you dead! Twice! :eek:mg:

Is the group buy only for a set or can you buy just a rear... tire that is?

Hi Bob thanks for the help on this group buy.... I would like to be a greatly appreciative, non whining, non asshat, paid in full, very humble, not second guessing, complaining, or any other negative aspects that may deem me unsatisfactory for this group buy. I promise not to hound or interfere in any way public or private and will always post the most positive comments about this group buy.
Now that's a future satisfied customer!

Hi Bob thanks for the help on this group buy.... I would like to be a greatly appreciative, non whining, non asshat, paid in full, very humble, not second guessing, complaining, or any other negative aspects that may deem me unsatisfactory for this group buy. I promise not to hound or interfere in any way public or private and will always post the most positive comments about this group buy.
Now that's a future satisfied customer!
I just fell outta' my chair!!!! Thats the funniest thing I've read all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm really gonna put myself out on limb here. (a verrrryyy weak limb). I am in the market for new tires on my 05 with 7000k on it. I have z4's and was researching tires. I heard Avon was good, but someguy at a tire shop said that z6 should be the only tire put on an fjr. If these avons are a great tire, then I'm in. I need new tires before WFO-6. (Gotta get my wife to agree on the trip first.....ahh hell, if she says no, I'll leave her behind.)

crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif
crylarfing.gif

Ok, I'm really gonna put myself out on limb here. (a verrrryyy weak limb). I am in the market for new tires on my 05 with 7000k on it. I have z4's and was researching tires. I heard Avon was good, but someguy at a tire shop said that z6 should be the only tire put on an fjr. If these avons are a great tire, then I'm in. I need new tires before WFO-6. (Gotta get my wife to agree on the trip first.....ahh hell, if she says no, I'll leave her behind.)
Oh Jeez.... here we go.... :glare:

I think the Z4 is the only tire you SHOULDN'T put on an FJR. Of course I don't make nearly as much profit on other tires I sell as I do the Metzlers. And since the Metzler might be your stock tire, you should never change brands.

Ok, having said that, your guy is FULL OF SHIT. Get the Avons. You'll be VERY glad you did. I don't sell tires. There's lots of very good touring tire brands. Metzler may even be one of them. But try the Storms, I think you will be VERY impressed.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled group buy thread.

Thanks TC for going to the trouble to put this together! If I didn't have 1.5 sets of spares already sitting at home, I'd be all over this deal! Well done!