AZ group ride to WFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epoche

Reaction score
Several of us are organizing a group ride to WFO from the SW. So far there are 2 FJR's leaving from Tucson on the 26th, Ron, and Doug & Debbie. We're staying in the Sante Fe Station ($69.99) the night of the 26th. Chris is biking in from Ottawa, Canada. His wife Diana will be flying down and joining us to WFO. We will be leaving Vagas the morning of the 27th, along with two Las Vegas residents, Peter and Kevin. Peter suggest the following route from Vegas:

"Summer in Death Valley during the daytime is a darn bit toasty unless you like it 115-125 degrees,great in winter but no way in the summer. Start early, ride 95 north to Beatty, fuel and breakfast or snacks, liquids continue north.

Now for the senic stuff and a bit cooler with higher elevation passes, turn left on 266 through Lida(no services, heck it is only a couple houses) over to Oasis Ranch (same as Lida) turn left on 168 with a 7313' pass over to Big Pine/395 North for fuel and lunch in Bishop(plenty of good places to eat). I would ride 6 to Benton and you can't beat 120 from Benton to 395 when it comes to the fun factor on the woops ( ride it and you will know what I mean) 395 North of 120 will be a nice senic cruise up to Topaz Lake for gas and on to Reno."

We have no set a departure time from the Sante Fe Station, but will firm that up closer to WFO.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tickled that Ron posted this thread. Please come ride with us and enjoy a spirited ride to Reno from Las Vegas. The route Ron posted above is one suggested by Bugnatr here just to clarify. A second route that offers a bit more playful roads is to follow 95 North to Beatty, 266 west through Lida and connect with NV264 North to breeze around Boundary Peak, headed towards Benton, CA. Follow Hwy 120 out of Benton to Mono Lake (Lee Vining, CA) and connect with 395 north on up to Reno. CA120 is a roller coaster of a road, with many repeated rapid peaks and valleys. More details will come as we get closer to the ride dates. If you'd like to ride with us, PM myself or Ron (Epoche) to be placed on our group email list. We hope to see you there!

Worldbound4now (Peter)

P.S. Santa Fe Station's reservation page is here

Last edited by a moderator: