AZ Highway 191

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ridden 191 serveral times. I always stay at the Rode Inn in Reserve, NM. Aint, nothing fancy, but it's a bed and shower. If in Reserve check out Uncle Bill's Bar for your favorite beverage (package only on Sundays) and Eda's Cafe for some green chilli.

Leaving Amarillo, TX the 7th of July headed that way again.

Yes, NM 32 is a good one charismaticmegafauna. I've rode it a few times as well. Another one is NM 15 from Silver City out to the Gila Cliff Dwellings.

I have a cabin in Reserve, so this road is not new to me,

Except I have only done it in a cage. I usually go 78 to 180

to 12. I did not realize Guthrie is what we all call 3 way.

Would my fellow Zonies be interested in a '666' loop on Sunday, September 21? 0700-1900 hours for this 500 mile road day!
What loop do you have in mind? I was going to travel that road earlier in the summer, but couldn't do it. Will do a quick 2-day overnighter in September, so I could make it happen on that day. However, since I'd be coming from El Paso, my ride will end in Alpine or Eagar. I want to do 180 one way, and 191 the other. I did 191 going up, so might do 180 this time, and come back down via 191, but am open to changes. I was going to do a longer trip, but haven't taken my FJR anywhere after the ECU change, and only a day-ride before that. Want to 'test' it first on a heavy 2-day trip like this one, so a CO or UT ride will have to wait for next spring. I call it twisty overload, since by the time I hit 191, I already went thru Gila. I'll end up putting about 900 miles on the bike, but the seat time is equivalent to a lot more. Later.

JC

Last edited by a moderator: