B-King

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I walked into my local Yamaha/Suzuki dealership yesterday to look for a helmet and right as I walked in the door my attention was diverted. There was a bike sitting there on the floor like I have never seen before. It kinda reminded me of a Honda Rune on steroids. Salesman walked over and told me is was a B-King (Suzuki). He said it has the busa engine. Its a sport bike with no fairings and no windshield. Its kind of a wild looking bike. Who else has seen one??? The salesman said it was a "sport touring bike" like the BMW's... "Yeah Right"

Click Here for a pic!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, they got them on the floor all the way down here in MS. It's one of those love'um or hate'um kinda bikes. Me, I really like the bike, but being a nakid streetfighter it's just not practical for my needs as I can only afford 1 bike at a time. If I could have another it no doubt would be either this bike or the Super Duke..........I can dream though :rolleyes:

Ahh, the B-king. Local dealer called me when it came in. Went over and parked my wife on it for a few pics.

PB170009.jpg

PB170010.jpg

PB170011.jpg

Does this bike look better in person? I think it's a pretty ugly bike in the pictures I have seen. Of course throw Calimus's wife on it and it looks better!! :rolleyes:

JW

This is another case where a silver version bike looks better (IMO) than it's black-painted equivalent:

5883-new-suzuki-b-king-k7-suzukibking-actual.jpg

Still and all, if the bodywork and huge massive bazooka canisters really doesn't do it for you, toss the pipes for some "normal" sized canisters, and throw on a gazillion dollars worth of carbon fiber bodywork instead:

CF_BKing.jpg

Who the hell wants a 200mph naked bike? Have you ever felt the windblast on a naked bike???

After my honda 919, I wouldn't ever want another naked bike. It was fun to ride, as I am sure the B-king will be, but the wind just sucks...err blows...

Does this bike look better in person? I think it's a pretty ugly bike in the pictures I have seen. Of course throw Calimus's wife on it and it looks better!! :rolleyes:
JW
I thought it looked pretty cool in the magazine. However i saw it at the dealer and hated it. looks really bulky.

Sat on one at the Toronto Bike show. It seems grossly wide when perched on it, due to the bulky signal light thingies attached to the tank. Plus, the huge tail pipes make it look like it was cloned from the batmobile from the rear view. There was an aftermarket vendor there that took one and put carbon fiber underseat pipes on it (like the one shown in a previous post) and it looked much better. Pretty over the top bike overall I'd say. I bet it'd go like a bitch tho. B)

It does look better in person, but like has been said, it's bulky up front. As for flying off at 125+, I can say no to that. My vmax at 130+ was a little tought to hang on to, but that was more due to head shake then wind force. Now at 150+, I'd imagine it wouldn't be much fun.

The cool thing about the bking is that it does have the busa's A/B power switch down on the tank. A means hold on to your ass, B is more for in town cruising, drops the power down to 125'ish HP.

I'll still take my FJR over it anyday.

Oh and jason, my wife said thanks for the compliment :)

Just sat on one at my local dealer. It's friggin huge! and feels like you are going to fall over on top of that fugly headlight.

To each his own. I'm sure the power is impressive, but that's where the butt ugly buck stops, IMO.

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Also checked one out at the IMS show in Northern Ca. It has the earmuffs like the 1125 Buell and takes some real getting use to. The biggest dislike I have is the cartoonish exhaust. What were they thinking. :bad: I'd go with the KTM if you want a radical street fighter but the Busa engine is hard to beat in many ways. Just $.02 peso's worth....PM. <>< :D

Also checked one out at the IMS show in Northern Ca. It has the earmuffs like the 1125 Buell and takes some real getting use to. The biggest dislike I have is the cartoonish exhaust. What were they thinking. :bad: I'd go with the KTM if you want a radical street fighter but the Busa engine is hard to beat in many ways. Just $.02 peso's worth....PM. <>< :D
I sat on one at a dealer... didn't feel like anything I'd want to ride for any distance.